The Full Plate Diet- Day 1

Myself and my husband are on the journey of trying the full plate diet. TALK ABOUT CHANGES... We just went to the grocery store and for about 1.5 weeks spent over 260.00 for our family of 6. I can't believe the new foods were trying...Here's hoping....

I am morbidly obese. I am 5'1" and weigh 259, and this is down from around 289. I have lost this only by getting my diabetes under control. I want to be back to where I was which was 140's or so before my children. I lost both of my parent's to this horrible disease, and I will be DA*NED if it will take me early too.

So, would love to hear if anyone else is trying this new way of eating or lifestyle.:happy:

Replies

• glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Never heard of it but will be searching the internet!
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Hmmm- just looked it up. Sounds good and healthy- I just hate the thought of tooting more!!! I have been having issues with that since trying to increase my fiber and it is not pleasant lol!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    I had to google too lol whatever works for you, i'm just trying to eat a deficit of the foods I like :smile:
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Are you still on this? I am trying to keep my fibre up, too and am interested in the Full Plate diet. I am proned to diabetes (was borderline when pregnant) and have a heredity of bowel cancer so fibre is my friend.
  • cynklee
    cynklee Posts: 6 Member
    I'm trying to incorporate the full plate diet as it sounds healthy. I'm not diabetic but I've been close at times so need to get things under control. I already have incorporated eating more fiber in my diet on a regular basis with Fiber One cereal, which does help with regularity very well. If you're used to getting fiber, you probably won't have much trouble with gas. But if you don't, then you'll want to gradually increase it. Your body should adjust. But eating more of the things in this diet is both healthy and gives you the fiber you need, so I'm going to give it a go. Right now I'm trying to print out recipes and thinking of things I like to get a list of things I will make for myself and alternate. Can't wait to see how things go.
  • artmistresslisa
    artmistresslisa Posts: 2 Member
    Started with the Full Plate about 2 weeks ago. Am on Lesson 2. I do like it. Have a hard time eating so much food.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I just googled it and it sounds a lot like how I eat. People are always surprised that I can maintain my weight with the amount of food I eat, but since it's probably 75% veggies, fruit and beans, it is naturally low in overall calories.

I do find that buying more produce and less grains has increased our grocery bill, but I use frozen fruits and veggies when I can and this saves a decent amount of money. Buying dried beans is much cheaper than canned, but I usually don't plan ahead enough to soak them so I pay up for the convenience of canned. If you can shop more often, you can also buy produce on sale as it starts to approach its best before date, but you'd have to use them within a day or two.