How much did you lose the 1st month?

Options
I'm just curious to see how everyone else's progress was during their first month. When I started I was 180 lbs, a month exactly and I've lost 11 lbs and 3 inches off my hips. I'm not sure if this is slow or fast? My goal is to lose 40 lbs in 4 months (beach vacation). Im also on the short side at 5'2. So any stories of your progress would be wonderful!! Thanks!!

Replies

• lvlg
    lvlg Posts: 3
    Options
    1 month and 1 stone off.
    Working out at boot camp.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I think 11 lbs is a great loss! I have lost 15 lbs but I would think my numbers are higher because I have a lot more to lose than you do and totally expect it to slow down soon. Nice work OP! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • JazminGowdy
    Options
    I think I lost 11 lbs my first month; 20 overall so far ^ ^ good luck to you on your journey!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I usually can't lose more than one pound a week. I'm 5'1" and 48 years old. But, this week I did lose 3.5 lbs, just starting my diet. I think it was mostly water weight because I had my period.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Around 15 pounds I think. It was a while ago so I'm not exactly sure. However I had a lot to lose. 11 pounds is great! Keep it up.
  • Chrelaine
    Chrelaine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I just finished my first month at about 9 lbs. I lost 7 right away in water weight. I should have done better but the last week was tough for me.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lost 10 here, between eating well and Crossfit training.
  • clinetort
    clinetort Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lost 14 with strict calorie count (tried to stay under 1500 calories) and no exercise. Started a workout program today.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    4 kg :smile:
    Dieting and moderate exercise, I decided to cut out one part of my commute and walk instead.
  • ccarchie
    ccarchie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You did really well. I 5' 1" and lost 22 lbs. I started MFP 14 months ago and reached my goal weight of 135 in about 8 months. Since I only had a few lbs to lose, my monthly totals were about 4 lbs each month. Feel free to become my friend. I have my food open to friends. I have been maintaining my loss and eat whatever I want. I just eat in moderation and plan ahead of time. If I eat a high calorie meal or snack, then I compensate by eating low calorie the rest of the day .:happy:
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm three weeks in and down 6 lbs. Kept my exercise levels the same (I'm fairly active) but just started logging everything I ate and telling myself that I don't need seconds!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I lost 9, and I have just under a week left in the month, so I'm hoping to round it up to 10!!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    In January, I lost about 2 lbs and .5" off the waist. I don't eat a big deficit in order to fuel my workouts. I'm not far from what I consider to be a comfortable weight and I'll get back to it sooner or later. No big rush.
  • Bshaw2442
    Bshaw2442 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you guys are awesome!! Thanks so much for the inspiration :) I am currently on a 1300 calorie a day according to MFP and try my best to stick to it, although sometimes it can go under.
  • Jazzmine1986
    Options
    Hi, everyone :) I lost 11lbs in a month but I have a feeling that my ponds just stop dopping. I exercise 3x a week 60min.How much did you lose in 2 months? Just curious,what can I expect. Tnx:)