dang.

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
So, I've been waiting to try the Tae Bo advanced work out. I just finished it and burned 613 calories in 58 minutes. That was a freakin amazing work out!! Loved it!

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    So, I've been waiting to try the Tae Bo advanced work out. I just finished it and burned 613 calories in 58 minutes. That was a freakin amazing work out!! Loved it!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Yay Tae Bo.

A long time ago I went to his gym with a former BF. He was not there. Great tapes!

I bet you feel terrific!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I need to get into Tae Bo...
    I got turned off when the dvds my brother dumped on me had horrible sound...I couldn't tell what the guy was saying....and I am one of those special kids who needs to hear to learn....ugh.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I can't wait to try the other work out on the dvd!! lol... I'm SO pumped... I'm actually considering going and doing the 30 day shred since it's just 20 minutes and I feel so wired now I want to expend some more energy (does that make ANY sense?! lol) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    <
    thinking, 'is it possible that Billy Blanks has laced the DVD inside cover with speed?'
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Down Tiger....don't you gotta eat those bad boy calories,. :tongue:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    actually I always have more energy after working out to Billy Blanks.. and the 30 day shred... just not so much after biking haha
  • PedalHound
    Options
    oops... did I mention I baked chickpea chocolate chip cookies today? Yes, if I do the shred I will end up only about 100 cals under :blushing:

Apparently I'm starting my cleanse TOMORROW! lol
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    "Runner's high"??? Good stuff!

You're making me remember it. I ran daily until my dog bumped me and I tore my hipflexer so bad I couldn't walk for a month. But I've given it enough time..... Maybe this weekend I'll go early a.m. before the thermometer hits 90.

Your excitement is inspiring me.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    oops... did I mention I baked chickpea chocolate chip cookies today? Yes, if I do the shred I will end up only about 100 cals under :blushing:

Apparently I'm starting my cleanse TOMORROW! lol

HAHA! You kill me! I'd love that recipe if you have it runnin around.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Okay, my solution was to do another 15 minutes of Tae Bo (now I'm back over by 12 cals for the day lol) and I did 150 cals in 15 mins. Whew! I love being this sweaty hahahahaha

Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies (only slightly modified from the deceptively delicious cookbook:

drain and rinse 1 can of chickpeas (I get Eden Organic because they only have 30mg sodium as opposed to the 250mg you usually see in chickpeas!)

Puree chickpeas in food processor (leave in processor for next step)

in a bowl, cream together 3 tbsp margarine w/ 1/2 cup organic cane sugar. Mix in 1 tsp natural vanilla and 2 egg whites. Add this mixture to the food processor and puree with chickpeas until smooth. Transfer back to bowl and mix in 1 cup dark chocolate chips.

In separate bowl combine 1.5 cups whole flour (I use spelt), 1 cup rolled oats, 1 tsp baking soda & 1/4 tsp salt.

Slowly stir in to wet mixture, spoon onto baking stone or lightly greased cookie sheet, bake for 11-13 minutes until browned on top (350* oven). Makes 24.

Not too much sugar or fat, high in protein and fibre. But don't be fooled - it's still a cookie :wink:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Okay, somebody slap me!! Jeez, who in this room is yo-yoing her emotional rollercoaster coping mechanisms between chickpea chocolate chip cookies and working out? WHO is?

So I had a few of the cookies after we baked them (what was I thinking again?) and needed to work them off. I already did stroller fitness today which rocked. Tae Bo burned off the cookies, but I am seriously feeling so pumped up I was feeling totally idle not doing anything so I did Turbo Jam. Now I'm feeling pumped up but also more tired so that's good. My body is so not accustomed to sugar these days so I'm probably also burning off a bit of a sugar high. Good thing it's bed time... lol

But first I'm going to plan out tomorrow's meals to start my cleanse. It's just partial but it's the best thing to call it! :tongue:

Signing off after my 1700 calorie exercise day.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Wow woman!! You are crazy!! Go you!! hahaha
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

If you liked that, you need to get the TaeBo boot camp..........super good workout! I noticed much more 'toning' and 'muscle definition' after doing that one.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!

So, I'm absolutely 110% BEAT today. Of course I feel the muscles that worked the hardest yesterday but more than that I'm EXHAUSTED. I haven't really been taking days off from working out because my routine is really varied but today, no working out for me :laugh: