Vegetarian Recipes needed!

Options
Woodsmoke
Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
(But with no beans. Or sweetcorn. I'm fussy ^^;)

Replies

• Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just did large portobello mushrooms on my indoor grill. In a pan, i took artichoke hearts and cooked them in white wine. Top the mushrooms with this and sprinkle with parmeseam. Soooo good. I serve a salad and sometimes a potato with this.

I also make minestrone soup. Basic veggie soup and toss in a handful of pasta near the end. I use green beans, carrots, peas, zucchini, tomatoes and corn ( skip the corn)! I use vegetable stock and season with onion, garlic and ****e pepper.

I love quino pilaf. I make quinoa as directed. In a seperate pan, cook mushrooms in a little white wine, add garlic and pine nuts. When the quinoa is done, toss it together.

These are a few of my beanfree veggie meals.
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Chopped tofu and cucumber salad with dark sesame dressing (1-2-3 1t-sugar, 2t-soy sauce, 3t-sesame oil)
    Add sesame seeds if you like.

Had that in toasted pita pocket for dinner today-- heavenly!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Tofu Parmesan
    - season tofu steaks with italian seasonings, salt & pepper
    - pan fry w/ PAM spray until outside are nice and golden brown & crispy
    - top with your favorite tomato sauce & reduced fat mozzarella cheese & pop it in the oven on 350 8-10 minutes (until sauce is hot & cheese is melted!)

Or... what I am eating right now, Mini-Veggie Crustless Quiches
    2 eggs
    1 cup egg beaters
    1/4 cup light soy milk
    assorted roasted vegetables (for these I used onions, tomatoes & broccoli, chopped up)
    - mix it all together and distribute evenly in mini muffin tins
    - bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes
    makes 11
    perfect quick breakfast, just pop a few in the microwave & you have vegetarian low-carb protein packed goodness :)
  • grdad
    grdad Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is the most beautiful soup you will ever make, it's pink!

http://lifetastesgoodblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/beet-fennel-apple-soup/
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Bump and thanks for recipes so far :)
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Iam not a vegetarian, but Iam trying to eat more veggies. I bought some "snap peas" today. Can someone tell me how to eat them? Do you wash and eat them raw?
    Thanks for any help.
    Sherri
  • ObsessedMonster
    ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This site is great for vegetarian recipes:

http://www.vegweb.com/
  • Black_Coffee88
    Options
    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Veg book is really great. I have a little sticky marker on all the good recipes and, well, my copy is absolutely littered with them. I had a potato and turnip pasty from it tonight, planning on having a Mexican stew with squash tomorrow. Strongly recommend it if you need inspiration!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Tofu:
    Cut extra firm tofu into triangles, squares, whatever; Dry Fry them until crunchy; While the tofu is browning mix hot sauce, butter, salt and pepper (amount depends on your taste) and melt together. Pour "sauce" over the tofu and eat. :smile:

Tofu Egg Salad:
    Crumble firm or extra firm tofu in a bowl; Add 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt; 2 tablespoons of sour cream; tablespoon of dill (fresh or dry); squirt of dijon mustard; chopped celery; chopped green onions; salt and pepper. Mix together and of course...eat.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Iam not a vegetarian, but Iam trying to eat more veggies. I bought some "snap peas" today. Can someone tell me how to eat them? Do you wash and eat them raw?
    Thanks for any help.
    Sherri

I eat them raw! You could also throw them in a pan with a little sesame oil and cook until warmed through. Then toss in some sesame seeds. It's yummy warm or cold.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Check out wells vegetarian thanksgiving blog on the New York Times website. I've had a few of those recipes and they are delicious. I like to make the veggie balls (lentil based) with cilantro pesto that I have from another recipe.

Also, there are many amazing vegetarian blogs out there if you google. You could also try Pinterest for some ideas.
  • alleya2
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too, and I used to be vegan, but I like roasted cauliflower and garlic with bulgur wheat (or buckwheat).
    I only do simple recipes because G-d knows it takes time to make homemade macarons or anything fancy during the week:

Preheat oven to 400 F
    A whole head of cauliflower and / or broccoli and onion of your choice (this is if you want to get rid of it at once, the actual amount doesn't matter)
    chop into bite size pieces
    a whole head of garlic (depending on how much cauliflower or broccoli you use, and of course, your liking of garlic)
    smash cloves of garlic and remove peels
    toss said vegetables and garlic in a large bowl with olive oil (1-2 tbsp), thyme, oregano, chopped fresh parsley, any kind of powder spicy thing (like ancho pepper, chile peppers, paprika, or whatever you like), salt and pepper
    bust out some aluminum foil and fold it to make a packet where you have enough to double layer it, and to close lightly over the vegetable medley
    pour vegetable goodness into the aluminum packet of your creation, don't leave any out and you might want to put the aluminum packet on a sheet pan for spillage
    place in middle of oven and bake for about 20 min.
    done

pour over favorite slow sugar release carb
    quinoa, whole wheat couscous, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, sweet potato, regular potato, roasted buckwheat (bulgar wheat), buckwheat noodles....endless!

ooh ooh, as an added bonus, I put chopped tomatoes and lettuce (romaine, cabbage, whatever, as long as its green) on the carb....hot damn.