18 pounds in a month!

Options
So I am in no way finished with my Journey. I have a LONG way to go. But when I started Paleo on January 1st 2014 I decided I would take monthly measurements to help keep me motivated. So here I am one month later and my results are awesome! I know not every month will be this great, but for those of you wavering, here are my results (keeping in mind I have a lot of weight to lose)

18 pounds lighter
-3/4 inches off my neck
-3 inches around my chest
-3 inches around my waist
-2 and 1/4 inches around my stomach
-1/4 inch on my thigh.

I have lost 18 pounds and 9 1/4 inches in one month. plus I feel AMAZING. No doubt about it paleo is the way to go for me. I thought I would share my progress, bc I view it as a small victory! Also if any Newbies or sort of newbies ( like me) are looking for friends for support, hit me up wit a friend request!

Replies

• vsprocket04
    vsprocket04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done!!! I can't wait to get my 1st monthly measurements next week! So far lost just under 9lb and around 10 inches overall...
  • Cheesecake2015
    Options
    That's wonderful! You just gave me some motivation to keep going on eating healthy. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • daisiepops
    Options
    That is amazing well done you must be so proud! Can I ask what Paleo is please? x x
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Paleo is hunter gatherer diet. The name Paleo comes from paleolithic , another common name for it is the cave man diet. You eat whole foods, minimally processed foods. no Grains and very little dairy. I am lactose intolerant, and my husband cant have gluten. so we used to eat out all the time. Now with paleo, it fits both our needs and I feel fantastic! I wish I had found this sooner. I LOVE it!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That is amazing well done you must be so proud! Can I ask what Paleo is please? x x

http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/paleo-diet
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    So you flushed 10-12 pounds of water weight, and you reduced your calorie intake by 700 to 1000 a day, resulting in burning 6-8 pounds of fat over a 30 day period? Good job!
  • daisiepops
    Options
    Wow this looks pretty good and kinda makes a lot of sense! Congratulations on your weight loss you have done amazing! I am going to look into this diet further x x x
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I lost 17pds this month!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!