cellulite! uughh!!!!

Options
Okay, I have a lot of cellulite on my butt and the back of my thighs. Now, I understand that it is hereditary, but is there anyway to get rid of it. (and please no gimmicy lotions, or weird laser procedures, they don't work nor am i willing to spend the money on them) Any good work outs that burn the cellulite away. strangely the front of my body has no cellulite at all but when I turn around its like I'm looking at the friggin surface of the moon, so gross....i just want a smooth plump butt not a lumpy gross one....

any advice is greatly appreciated....

Replies

• mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A good diet and exercise. Since I've started at the gym and modified my diet I've noticed an improvement on the appearance of my legs.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    This is what I was taught in my nutrition class. A woman's fat cells are kind of hexagonal shaped so when they grow (which is actually how you gain weight) they make the skin covering them look lumpy. The only way to make them less noticeable is to shrink them down again; basically making them deflate so you can't see their shape underneath your skin. Eat less fatty foods=fat cells begin to starve and shrivel up making skin look smooth. Never my cells down enough to test this theory but that's why you almost never see cellulite on lean and trim women.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    I had a friend who was a personal trainer and a certified nutritionist so needless to say she is in the best shape of her life. you think she would be confident in herself but she's not. She wont even wear skirts because of her cellulite. This woman works out and lifts heavy things and STILL has it. She looked into surgery and everything, so basically nothing works. Creams, lotions, big waste of money. they may make the "appearance" of them look better but they dont actually get better. Sorry
  • specialsnowflake
    Options
    I've noticed Jillian Michaels has some cellulite and she's in awesome shape. I think you can reduce it by losing fat but to a certain degree it is just genetic. Fake tanning will help it look less noticeable.
  • jakiselwyn
    jakiselwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had issues w it on my thighs and thought it was irreversible. Not true. I took to running and it all just went away! Just keep eating right and working out. If that fails really find workouts that target those areas. But I have found that nothing helps me lose weight like running. Good luck :)
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've reduced the cellulite on my butt substantially by lifting heavy. In a relatively short time, I might add. It's not perfect, nor do I expect it to be. But I'd start with a heavy lifting program for your lower body and go from there.
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have it, too, and while I am sure it will never go away, I know that deadlifts and squats and lunges have helped a lot.
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have some on my thighs too and I'm wondering if anyone could explain how to properly squat or deadlift to really challenge the muscles there
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat. Go low enough and you will lose it. But for a lot of women it's the last place to go, and can hang around even after they're hit normal to even relatively lean fat levels.

The question a woman has to ask herself if she's in this boat is how low in body fat is she willing to go in order to get rid of it? It's a similar question that men who want to drop the love handles, or with "man boobs", sometimes have to ask because in a lot of men those areas linger around even as the rest of the body has gotten much lower in fat.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Every woman on the planet has it. Only since the invention of photoshop has it become a "disease."
  • nicoleashleyfit
    Options
    calorie deflict..... (lose weight) and do HEAVY compound lower body exercises such as a variety or squats and deadlifts... but you have to go heavy. Doing them with your own body weight wont give you the results you seek. You really need to BUILD that muscle to smooth out that cellulite.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it. Everyone has it. It's only as big of a deal as you make it.
  • Stephanie8848
    Options
    When I started eating low-carb and gluten free, all of my cellulite went away in about 4 months. I had A LOT of cellulite all over my butt and thighs since I was about 16 years old. At the age of 20, it went away with low-carb dieting. I am now 22 and have been cellulite-free for 2 years :) I may have been gluten intolerant because gluten can create skin problems if you are intolerant.
  • tspugh
    tspugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    some of you are giving me hope to get rid of this cellulite on my bottom side :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Lifting makes a difference (metabolism and muscle tone).
    HIIT training helps burn it off.
    Lymphatic (deep tissue therapeutic massage) also helps because it helps take circulation to the area, allowing for better metabolism and also for the tissues to become unclogged.
    Yes, lotions do help in the sense of increasing circulation/metabolism locally.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Every woman on the planet has it. Only since the invention of photoshop has it become a "disease."
    Good point! "Some" cellulite is certainly not terrible.