Struggling

Options
I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but I have a little dilemma that I'm currently struggling with. I've lost some weight and currently sit at 130 lbs, 5'2(ish). I feel more or less ok with how I am now, but wouldn't mind losing a bit more off my belly area and gain some tone there. I'm struggling with the question of keeping with my MFP logging with the goal of losing a little bit more or weaning myself off the site and learning to maintain a healthy non-over-indulgent diet on my own.

If anyone has any general advice/suggestions/criticisms or has been in this situation and would like to share their story of how they got past that, I would love to hear from you! Thanks!

Replies

• Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just try to remember healthy meals and stay active... if you do splurge dont let it become a habbit. Count your calories in your head.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason to wean myself off of a free management system that takes me 5 minutes a day and has helped me maintain for over a year.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    my advice would simply be to take it slow, don't try to create a huge deficit, use exercise to create a moderate deficit, and be patient.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Weaning yourself off of MFP seems like a good idea in theory. But I've been down that road before with Weight Watchers or other plans like this. I know from using sites like this that cheese is about 100 calories an oz, ham is about 110 calories for 3 oz or generally the other common foods I eat. However that requires me to still weight them.

I've found that I do okay for the first few months, then notice that my weight starts creeping up. I then find that I have to start weighing food again because my portion sizes have slowly creeped up over time. So, once you get good at knowing calories counts, sure you could ween yourself off of the site. I'm sure you are like most of us that our habits are about the same. My suggestion would be to periodically weight your food to keep the portion sizes under control.