women only!

Options
Are you supposed to weigh yourself whilst your 'girly time of the month'. I recentley started taking the pill which I have to take everyday and have been having 'the girly time' for 2 weeks! and i want to weigh myself but will I weight more than i actually am?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Depends. Every woman reacts to PMS and TOM differently.
    The number on the scale is just that, a number. If you want to have a better idea of your results go with pics/measurements.

Personally I can go up to +10lbs on the scale in that TOM.
  • SuePin02
    SuePin02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you gain 4-6lbs of water weight, even tho it's hard, wait until flow is gone and then weigh yourself unless you won't be discouraged with an unexpected number. I get discouraged so I stay off the scale a few days prior and weigh myself a few days after its gone.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain anywhere from 2-8 pounds around my time. I usually get the bloating about a week before its due. The other day I was up 3lbs, and I felt like such a blob, today those 3lbs were gone. I sometimes weigh during, I don't care cuz I know its not real weight gain. Its totally up to you if you want to weigh yourself, just don't get discouraged if the scale is up a bit, its totally normal and will go away.
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well if its been TOM for two weeks allready, you must be close to empty. I'd hop on the scale & log your weight then weigh again when your finished. Note any changes in your cycle, you will probabaly notice trends. I notice that for 2 or 3 days before I crave chocolate like an absolute fiend. I usually gain 1-1.5kg to start with, but usually end up lighter about 1/2 a kg by the end of the week. Everyones different its really just trial& error to see whats normal for you.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just want this on my feed.

I haven't noticed much of a difference during that time but everyone's different.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Girly time?? Is that when y'all, like, have pillow fights and braid each other's hair and talk about BOYS?????
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxsz3jZSUW1qa2szuo2_250.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Period, menstrual cycle, Red Tide

All acceptable terms, girly time is not.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Crimson Tide, not Red Tide. And now, you will think of that every time you watch Bama play. You're welcome.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Girly time?? Is that when y'all, like, have pillow fights and braid each other's hair and talk about BOYS?????
    YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!
    bam-pillow-fight-1_zps47138137.gif

I have a pic of me in a pillow fight at 18 with my girlfriend on the floor and me standing on the bed. I won.
  • wheird
    Options

Crimson Tide, not Red Tide. And now, you will think of that every time you watch Bama play. You're welcome.

But really, doesn't either one work?

ROLL TIDE, brought to you by tampax!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    "Girly time." :laugh:

I love it when some users refuse to say "period." I'm not making fun of the OP or any of the other users who have done the same, it just makes me giggle.

I still weigh myself during my period. I guess I like to punish myself or something.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Shark week! :tongue:

There are no rules about when you weigh yourself (although doing it at the same time of day and under same conditions is best)...I weigh myself every day, it's habit, and I always see the numbers go up during that week. Not a big deal - I know it will drop back off in a few days.

So if the scale showing a gain, even if you know it's not a fat gain, messes with your head, then stay off the scale during your period.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options

[/quote

Boys are so clueless..... No it's not when we have pillow fights. It's when we inspect each other's boob jobs. And for the record it's Shark Week
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

ROLL TIDE, brought to you by tampax!

I thought they always were.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Boys are so clueless..... No it's not when we have pillow fights. It's when we inspect each other's boob jobs. And for the record it's Shark Week

You haven't HAD a boob job Desi, so I'm calling BS on that. Oh, and learn how to work the quote box. K, thanks.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    We all know what OP meant, stop nitpicking.

OP, I weigh myself weekly - and I expect some ups as part of the non linear pattern of weight loss.
    As long as you are overall going down, then this doesn't matter.
  • wheird
    Options
    We all know what OP meant, stop nitpicking.

OP, I weigh myself weekly - and I expect some ups as part of the non linear pattern of weight loss.
    As long as you are overall going down, then this doesn't matter.

Well, I'm guessing you don't frequent the forum much, because this topic is posted several times per day.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I frequent the forums intermittently - possibly so does OP, so she may not know other people have asked this before.

If you have seen the topic so often before, don't read it - and it did say it was for women only, going by your avatar, you are not a woman.

Still cant see the need to pick on OP's terminology.:indifferent:
  • wheird
    Options
    I frequent the forums intermittently - possibly so does OP, so she may not know other people have asked this before.

If you have seen the topic so often before, don't read it - and it did say it was for women only, going by your avatar, you are not a woman.

Still cant see the need to pick on OP's terminology.:indifferent:

Well, it has become a sort of joke how it is not only incredibly frequent, but some women won't call it what it is and assume that guys know nothing about it, or they should try to hide it from them.

I'm thinking your humor sensor needs to be recalibrated.