Not losing weight eating ~1400 calories a day.

Options
I've been trying to lose the last 5 pounds for quite a while now, but the scale won't budge. I've been eating 1300-1400 calories a day (for about 3 weeks) all while not not losing anything. I've actually gained one pound this week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Feel free to check my food diary if it helps. Any reasons as to why I'm not losing weight? Thanks to anyone who answers.

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much you've been eating when your diary is mostly empty this week?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you own a food scale? Also, if you don't log consistently for a month, there isn't anything we can suggest outside of that.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    From the log entries I've read, I see two big problems -- you don't eat vegetables. You do great with fruit, but you really need to eat five servings of veggies each day. If you can't do that immediately, try for two servings and then work your way up to five. Also, I see days where you don't get close to eating the minimum amount of protein. You'll want to eat the amount of protein that MFP suggests. I hope this helps!! Good luck to you. :)
  • GhoulMango
    GhoulMango Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So many things to discuss. Usually the last 5-10 pounds are the hardest to lose and often referred to as "vanity pounds" which means you're already in a healthy weight range and there's no reason for your body to dip any lower. You need to be eating much more than you are now, unless you're a toddler or something. Which I doubt. Increasing the intensity of your workouts will also help. User heavier weights, add in sprints, push yourself a bit further each workout but always be aware of your limits. But you need to be eating way more than that, you're starving your body of fuel and nutrition. If you're going to convince your body to drop the last five pounds, you need to feed it or else it's not going to budge
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You don't consistently log, so I'm curious how you know how many calories you're consuming? Are you using a food scale to weigh things? Even healthy foods like fruit have calories. I often find that the size in MFP is 1/2 the weight of the fruit I'm eating if I take a moment to weigh it.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much you've been eating when your diary is mostly empty this week?

This.....I see 6 empty logs in the last 9 or so days...