ANY 40(ish) YEAR OLD WOMEN ON WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY??

Options
13»

Replies

• dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello
    So l've recommend this book before by Jackie Warner, "This is Why you are Fat" losing weight and keeping it off over 40. Honest I don't get any perk for recommend it but it's a good book for those of us in our 40s struggling to lose some and get fit.

Also I'd recommend real weight training in this decade for a variety of benefits.

I did loose about 10 and had some winter creep of about five pounds and working on that now. There are groups here for everybody....Good luck

Reading that now! love it
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello
    So l've recommend this book before by Jackie Warner, "This is Why you are Fat" losing weight and keeping it off over 40. Honest I don't get any perk for recommend it but it's a good book for those of us in our 40s struggling to lose some and get fit.

Also I'd recommend real weight training in this decade for a variety of benefits.

I did loose about 10 and had some winter creep of about five pounds and working on that now. There are groups here for everybody....Good luck

Reading that now! love it

I followed her tips initially and lost a bit. I started eating steel cut oats almost daily now and that has helped he a lot in the mornings and evens out my blood sugar. Although I can't stand instant oat meal. :tongue:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and just started tracking Jan 1/14 - I have lost 15 lbs in the first month but I am expecting that to slow down (I have a lot to lose). You are doing great - keep up the good work and it will all fall into place. Everyone is different and we all need to celebrate our successes as they come. :flowerforyou:
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I'm 49 and have been working on a healthier lifestyle for a couple of years now. I have trouble getting off my plateaus, and I've found that my crazy hormone fluctuations affect my weight a lot, which is weaning me off my dependence on the scale. I think you're on the right track with C25K. I plan to try that myself, and also to do some weight lifting to see if I can get some tone on this old body.
  • lauraa113
    lauraa113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turn 48 very soon. I've been on this weight loss journey for about 9 months and I've lost 65 pounds. It has been harder to lose weight than it was when I was younger, especially around my waist line. But I'm a lot more patient than I was when I was younger, and my goals are all focused around being healthy for the long term as opposed to a short term goal like being thin for an event. Patience has been my strength, and what I needed to get through the weeks of slower loss (no loss or even a gain). Age has its benefits! :-)
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and 5'2". The only things that really help me lose weight are keeping my calories at 1200 per day and working out 3-5 times per week. I use an elliptical and do weights at the gym. I don't eat my exercise calories--that's the biggie. When I do eat my exercise calories, my weight goes up or stays the same but doesn't drop. Good luck!
  • dollarstitch
    dollarstitch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 41, 4 kids, and a grandbaby, My weightloss is a little slow, but I also have thyroid issues :( (doesn't work at all) I just take it one day at a time, I been doing this for a week 1/2 and I lost 3 pounds so far. It don't sound like a lot, but when you put 3 pounds of hamburger on a plate (its a LOT) LOL, I am 5'2 feel free to add me :) We can share success!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I turned 42 in Dec. I started my journey last March - lost 40lbs in in about 5 months. I didn't think it was hard - the trick is to burn more than you eat =) there is no secret! I walked my 10 000 steps a day and measured everything I ate. I'm still measuring and walking - I'm also running now.
  • marlabrown148
    marlabrown148 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    41 years old here. I've lost 20 lbs since joining this site and another 10 prior to that - so down 30 with 20 more to go. Feel free to add me as well. :smile:
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just turned 43 In dec 2013 I was diagnosed diabetic and high blood pressure so I started watching m sugars and salt intake cut my fat calories and started exercising my BP is now in the normal range and I feel great Im stronger have more energy and lost 31lbs as a side effect. Im trying new and different foods and am having fun
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!