60 pounds to lose

Options
Hi there I am going to give this a try once more. I have 60 pounds to get off. It seems the older you get the harder it is. Does anyone else feel this way? I have the new WW simple start cause I copied it all before my membership was up online. I thought why renew when I can come on here for free. Anyways does anyone else here follow a certain diet I am open to all suggestions. I am also diabetic so I should watch myself more careful and take care of myself. Seems I worry a lot about others but myself I let go. I don't know why I am that way but I am. Hope this time around here I can meet people who want to be real friends and not just add me for no reason. If I have friends I feel that they should comment on posts I make at least some of the time but I know from the past that never happened. Well Tomorrow is Sunday and I am going to grocery shop and then I will eat my way to a healthier me.

Replies

• jessicamae0731
    Options
    Welcome back :) Did WW work for you at all? I was always curious about it, but it just seems like an awful lot of money compared to doing this online for free.
  • coke_momma
    coke_momma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It dodnt work this last time for me. I just wasn't into keeping track of all the points. Even when I did keep track I never really lose much. I myself liked the older plans better then the newer ones they have now. If I could find someone with the old quick start program I would love to have it. I had it but I have no idea what ever became of it. When it came out I had been going to WW and had lost weight but when the quick start came along they wanted everyone to try it. I followed it right with everything and I measured and weighed every piece of food. It sure paid off though cause in one week I lost 13 3/4 pounds I was so happy.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! Good luck, you got this!!
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request to you. I am 55 and need to lose 64 lbs more. My weight went up 25 lbs in one year???? My first goal is to get back in my size 16 jeans! I liked WW when it used the exchange system many years ago, but I never could connect to the point system. This is my 17th day on MFP and it has been easy so far. Although I am losing weight slower than I use to, I can change the way I eat with recording my food and excercise. I want to be healthier as well as lighter. No food is off limits, but logging it makes me aware.
  • nigelwood3
    Options
    Hi Coke_momma

Best of luck. I think he reason it gets harder for a lot of folks as the get old is that they have so many other responsibilities ordering their day to us the dieting methods that worked before becomes trickily. Ultimately you can't help others as much if you're unhealthy yourself.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It dodnt work this last time for me. I just wasn't into keeping track of all the points. Even when I did keep track I never really lose much. I myself liked the older plans better then the newer ones they have now. If I could find someone with the old quick start program I would love to have it. I had it but I have no idea what ever became of it. When it came out I had been going to WW and had lost weight but when the quick start came along they wanted everyone to try it. I followed it right with everything and I measured and weighed every piece of food. It sure paid off though cause in one week I lost 13 3/4 pounds I was so happy.

If you don't like tracking then why don't you look into the whole 30 or paleo diet? It is more of a "do and don't" eat list and you don't have to track anything. It is restrictive, but my mom is older and lost 15 pounds in her first month.
  • tcat100
    tcat100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ugh! It seems like every year the "shedding of the pounds" gets harder, but it sure goes on like no tomorrow. Anyway, add me if you like. I, too, could use a lot of support. Good Luck and hope to hear from you.