What are your macros?

Options
Soufre
Soufre Posts: 236 Member
I'm 5'2.5", 120lbs, and focused on fat lose right now.

Currently I have mine set to 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. I wanna keep my fat at 20-25% but I'll adjust protein and carbs as necessary.

So what are your macros and how are they working for you?

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    35-35-30 (protein, carbs, fat)

But the only one I pay attention to is protein. The others can read what they want as long as I pretty much hit my protein goal.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what the percentages are, but MFP has mine set to

Carbs 219.0 g
    Fat / Day 58.0 g
    Protein / Day 88.0 g

i rarely hit any of them TBH. sometimes the fat. at this point im just working on creating a deficit whilst improving my eating habits.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Carbs 219.0 g
    Fat / Day 58.0 g
    Protein / Day 88.0 g

i rarely hit any of them TBH. sometimes the fat. at this point im just working on creating a deficit whilst improving my eating habits.

That's basically where I'm at. I usually hit carbs OR protein, but never both.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Carbs 219.0 g
    Fat / Day 58.0 g
    Protein / Day 88.0 g

That's basically where I'm at. I usually hit carbs OR protein, but never both.

i can almost never hit the protein. i try and try. -__- can hit the carbs relatively easily, especially days when im working out a lot and get famished. but protein is so hard to eat. and a trainer said 1g per pound lean muscle.. which is around 120 with me. AS IF.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    40% carb
    30% fat
    30% protein

I concentrate on the protein and let the carbs and fats sort themselves out. I almost never meet the protein goal, but I'm usually pretty close.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Shakes and high protein snacks like quark help. I love quark, and in general I hate cheese, but I eat it like yoghurt.

I make proats a lot, too. I just make oatmeal as usual, with water, then mix up my protein powder with milk and pour that over the top. Cools it down enough to eat it immediately and it doesn't coagulate weirdly.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    1900 net cals. I try for 120g protein, 80g, remainder in carbs. That's about 25p/37f/38c, but I don't think setting macros as percentages is the optimal strategy. I often don't quite make the protein number, and usually don't make the fat number if I've been particularly active. I try to make sure most of my fats are of the healthier variety--not saturated animal fats--but I don't deprive myself of cheese and (red) meats.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    1450 calories, 25% carbs, 30% protein, 45% fat. It's been working just fine for me, although I usually end up going over on my protein by a few grams.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    35% Carbs, 30% Protein, 35% Fat. It's been going good and I'm usually very close to hitting my goals and not going too far over. I also try to get my fiber. As long as I get my fiber, I feel like it's been a good day!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    45% carbs
    30% fat
    25% protein

:smile:
  • popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started at 40/40/20 but couldn't come close to hitting the calories for the day with blowing over the fat. I've got it set now to 40c/35p/25f. Like many others focus mainly on protein and let the others fall where they may.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1650 calories with a carb/protein/fat percentage of 40/30/30. I have found it really difficult to reach my protein goals, and looking back I see that most days I don't even make it halfway there, so I have decided to supplement with protein powder in the mornings because I don't like eating breakfast anyways. I'm hoping that upping my protein will help with my energy, as I find myself tired all the time.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    40/30/30
    Carb/Fat/Protein

5'10"
    175lbs-180lbs (10-12% bodyfat)
    2300 Calories - Rest Days
    2700 Calories - Training Days
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and I have mine set at 45c/35f/20p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    40c30f30p.
  • JoHannahDenning11
    JoHannahDenning11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 35% Carbs/35% Protein/30% Fat and it's been really working for me very well. I don't get all the way up to protein with recomended amount but I try to goal myself to get it up to 100g at least.