Pet Peeves

List you 5 top Pet Peeves:

1. When texting or instant messaging with someone they mysteriously leave
2. Rudeness

3. People who are always late for everything

4. People who can't control screaming children in restaurants

5. Sitting down to take my morning glory and realizing there is no toilet paper in the toilet paper holder

Replies

• Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    .... Socks and sandals

.... Year round Xmas lights

.... Snooze button

..... People who think they are better than others

..... Toilet paper roll on E! Like seriously, it's not rocket science... ????
  • Oh god, I'll second the one about empty toilet paper. My wife does this nearly every time.

Also...

- People who are 20 or older and still can't use an apostrophe correctly. No, "girl's" is not plural.
    - When it rains like 5 drops and then stops, stays cloudy for the next 2 hours, and then does it again. Just make up your damn mind already, either rain or don't.
    - My headphone cord catching on something. This isn't even a pet peeve, this is one that just drives me into a psychotic rage.
    - Uggs.
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    People that say 'loose' instead of 'lose'

People presuming that because I have a lot of facial piercings that I am going to be rude, ignorant and dumb.

Rudeness.
  • LeanneHarrington3
    .... Socks and sandals

.... Year round Xmas lights

.... Snooze button

..... People who think they are better than others

..... Toilet paper roll on E! Like seriously, it's not rocket science... ????

Oh god socks and sandals!! That is NEVER ok!!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Oh god, I'll second the one about empty toilet paper. My wife does this nearly every time.
    Easy fix. Keep 2 extra rolls in the bathroom cabinets near your toilet. No cabinet? Build a "toilet paper holder" and put it on your wall. Disguise it as a towel rack, hang towels in front.

Have her help you, since she always forgets it.

:flowerforyou:
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764

People presuming that because I have a lot of facial piercings that I am going to be rude, ignorant and dumb.

Rudeness.

I looked back on a on a comment I made the other day and I used loose for lose. :(:ohwell:
  • LeanneHarrington3

Rudeness.

I looked back on a on a comment I made the other day and I used loose for lose. :(:ohwell:

Haha!! tut tut. I'm not the spelling/grammar police at all, but that one really bugs me. x
  • Easy fix. Keep 2 extra rolls in the bathroom cabinets near your toilet. No cabinet? Build a "toilet paper holder" and put it on your wall. Disguise it as a towel rack, hang towels in front.

It's worse than that; due to having a tiny apartment bathroom with no extra cupboard space, the pack of toilet paper is sitting directly underneath the roll itself. It's within arm's reach and clearly visible. She still doesn't change it, lol.
  • Incompetent people, poor spelling and grammar, loud people speaking on public transport, those who continue to upload holiday photos every second on social media sites whilst on holiday. That's about it for now. :drinker:
  • People who walk slowly in a big group and take up the entire sidewalk.
    So many people in my city do that I just shove on through them now!