Aggrivated!

Options
I have been strength training 3x a week and 2x a week cardio such as rowing, elliptical, or treadmill for the past few months, and I always keep my calorie intake under 1500. I am 30 years old and a mother of 3, and I am still at my starting weight of 185 lbs, it seems that I can not budge from that at all, I know that I should be happy that I am in better shape as far as performance, but I would love to see that scale go down, I am not picky nor I am not unrealistic, I just want to get down to 150, and it seems that I will never get there. What am i missing? I eat 3 meals a day, my breakfast mainly consist of a blueberry bagel/ and or a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and a cup of joe, my lunch is the same everyday, a toasted tuna sandwich on wheat bread and iced unsweet tea, and my dinner varies depending on what the family wants to eat. I only eat out once a month, and being that I am in Korea our eating out consist of alot of vegis and kimchi. What do you think I should do, I am just at my breaking point.

Replies

• bubbaacat
    bubbaacat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Change up your food, and don't forget to get in a snack.
    Protein what they call a smart carb 2 times a day
    Nuts
    Peanut butter (natural)
    Berries
    Protein bar
    Yogurt with fat free pudding mix (natural)
    Try eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, no bread.
    Tuna in a wrap of lettuce, no bread
    This my give you the boost you are looking for.
    Good luck
    Brenda
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so we can give you some advice?

Do you weigh/measure your food?

Under 1500 a day is quite low for someone your weight who is working out, if you're sure you're logging your food accurately, you may need to tweak the amount you're eating. Try entering your details on scoobys accurate calorie calculator and see what numbers that recommends.

I will say something that helped me through loooooong *kitten* plateaus, have a goal other than weight loss. When that number on the scale doesn't change but you've shaved a minute off your mile, or rowed further etc, you are improving your body and fitness.

Don't track progress with just a scale. Weight yourself for sure but also take a set of pictures every couple of weeks in your undies/workout gear (you never need to show anyone!) and you will start to notice small, subtle differences even when the scale doesn't move. Taking measurements is great too, especially because you can add categories to the "reports" section on MFP and track your measurements (I do hips, waist, upper arm and thigh) and they will change too.

Don't feel discouraged. The number on the scale is just a number, and is affected by all kinds of dumb stuff like sodium, water retention, hormones etc etc. Getting healthy is a whole bunch of stuff combined.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Do you need to add more veggies? I didn't really see much.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, rice cakes (doekbokki and such) are suuuuper calorific. When I lived in Korea it was almost impossible to not eat rice because people literally looked at you like you're crazy since "its so healthy for you". One of my co-teachers even told me she didn't know rice had calories (LOL).
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to weight your food? Do you log everything that you eat? Is 1500 what you eat every day regardless or exercise, or do you account for calories burned at eat them back to net 1500?
  • akegley06
    akegley06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 regardless of exercise. And I eat most of my veggies at dinner time, and I will try the lettuce wraps instead of the bread. Thank you guys for the advice.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If your weight isn't budging, changing WHAT you eat won't do much. You need to focus on how MUCH you eat. Your weight will stay the same only if you are eating at maintenance: eating the same as what you're burning. You're not creating a deficit. You didn't answer the question as to whether or not you are weighing your food. If you're not, you need to start: you really have no idea how much you're taking in without doing so.