Cheat Day

Options
After a month of this new lifestyle, I decided last week to have a cheat day, I was just going to eat whatever I wanted for that day and not even log it. Eat I did, whatever I wanted. Even splurged and had cake for dessert.

Felt all kinds of guilty afterwards. So, curiosity got the best of me and I had to log... I was amazed I came in under my calories for the day. It seems that In making wiser decisions along this journey, they have started to become habit for me. I know this isn't going to be a cake walk, but It has been a burst of motivation for me to keep making the wiser choice throughout each day.

Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And now you know that you do not have to cut those things you enjoy completely out of your lifestyle. Everything in moderation will keep you happier, and will not set you back on your goals as long as you stay within your calorie goals!
  • docwasch
    Options
    Cheat days are very important! If you completely deprive yourself of foods you love, you set yourself up for failure. The sirens song of doritos or whatever your chosen food is, has derailed many people. Diets aren't fun, eating healthy and enjoying what you are eating when you eat it even if it isn't always heathy are fun. Use your cheat days like any other goal, something to keep you motivated in the gym, something to look forward to and as a reward for yourself for doing outstanding all week, month or whatever. Everything in moderation like the above poster said and you will be happier and stick to your regime longer. Happy cheat day and sucess in your endevores!