39ish & 55-65lbs to lose - looking for some buddies!

Options
Doesn't need to be someone in the same situation now as someone who has managed this already would be a great resource!! Please add me :)

FYI - I do drink and will save some cals for drinks primarily on the weekends so if this will bother you we may not be great buddies.

I was doing MFP 1200\add exercise the first week but just switched to TDEE - 20% yesterday so anyone proficient in TDEE/BMR would be a huge help!

Thanks!

Replies

• Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step!! You can do this. Though I am more than 39ish (add 9 yrs in the middle of this year and you'll have it right) I can tell you that it DOES work! My photos will tell the story..... Feel free to add me if you'd like.
    Rocki
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well into my 40's (47 to be exact) myself and 50 pound loss goal (4 down, 46 to go). No problem on the drinks - I make sure I have the calories budgeted on nights when I pop a homebrew. Feel free to add me.
  • violet791
    violet791 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm of no help since I'm in the beginning stages too. Also doing the recommended calories from MFP but curious how do you find switching to TDEE? The idea intrigues me
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes not too long ago. Had just turned 40yr and was 50lbs from my goal weight. Now I'm sitting a hair over 10lbs from goal. It can absolutely be done and switching to TDEE is probably the smartest move to make. Keep it simple and it becomes sustainable.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • snow00774
    Options
    I'm of no help since I'm in the beginning stages too. Also doing the recommended calories from MFP but curious how do you find switching to TDEE? The idea intrigues me

I already feel like a tonne of bricks has been lifted off my shoulders! It's only been a few days but it was like a magical switch that turned me from being resentful to happy to particpate in this needed change!

I will know how effective in the coming months, and expect change to be a bit slower but WAY more sustainable and a much happier day by day existence rather than resenting each meal. But that's just me :)
  • snow00774
    Options
    I was in your shoes not too long ago. Had just turned 40yr and was 50lbs from my goal weight. Now I'm sitting a hair over 10lbs from goal. It can absolutely be done and switching to TDEE is probably the smartest move to make. Keep it simple and it becomes sustainable.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:

TYTY, and congratulations on being so close to goal, inspiring :smile: