reaching forward...

Options
hello everyone, i am new to this site, but not to the journey. i have tried so many different diets and i have failed over and over again. i am at the point in my life where i am gonna have to do some soul searching and some life changes! i am ready to make this change that will open all the doors that i let close in my life. i am open to advice and i welcome new friendships.

Replies

• shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had to learn patience, that was the hardest thing for me. I wanted to lose fast and tried for years yo yo dieting, then I found this sight and lost a pound a week sometimes less but it was always in the right direction so I figured at least I am not gaining and before i knew it, 5 months and 24 pounds was gone.
  • aligirl32766
    Options
    I wish you nothing but the best. It sounds like you are going into this for all the right reasons and you seem to be really ready. Welcome to the site. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

This site has been so wonderful during my journey this year. I too had tried so many "diets" and workout programs... But this is the first time I have genuinely see results. And I think a big part of that is being a part of the MFP community.

First, I would recommend just start logging in your food daily. Check to see where you are now, and pick one thing at a time to adjust. Plus, keep an eye on forum discussions. Bit-by-bit, you'll learn more and apply more. A lot of it is determining what is best for YOUR body, so don't be afraid to try something new to see how it works for you.

Secondly, I highly suggest just being patient. These things don't happen overnight. And there is a lot of fluctuation with weight and measurements throughout the week/month - all dependent on water weight, TOM, etc. Don't get down when you see numbers go up. Evaluate reasons why, and adjust your routine accordingly.

Thirdly, I would recommend monitoring not only your weight, but also your measurements. A lot of times in a workout program, you're building muscle which is much leaner than fat. So while you're replacing fat with muscle and may not be losing weight on the scale, you very well may be shrinking in inches. Monitor it all and celebrate your successes.

Good luck - and let me know if you have any questions at all!!

http://teambeachbody.com/member/sn/princesslmc2
  • lifechanger74
    Options
    Thank you so much :)
  • lifechanger74
    Options
    Thank you so much :)
  • lifechanger74
    Options
    Thank you very much for the advice i really appreciate it:)