walking to lose weight.

Options
Hi
so ive been trying so many different dvds to lose weight and i give up maybe im aiming to high.

so was thinking keep it simple and aim for 10,000 steps a day keep it simple stick within my calories.

can you lose weight by sticking to 10,000 steps a day.

Replies

• sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you are not walking that much now it will help you to lose. Also will tone the entire body and is not as hard on the joints. If you find that you are already taking that many steps just up the number:love:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating at a deficit you will lose weight, slower yes but adding that walking will be bonus and very beneficial in more ways than one. It will surely help.....

Happy walking!!!!!!
  • daytondwellee
    Options
    Yes. Walking combined with diet and strength training has worked for me, so far. I have lost 40 pounds and my medical lab results are all in the normal range. Try it....and don't give up if you do not make the 10K/day goal...just keep walking!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about 10,000 steps a day. I try to set aside 30 consecutive minutes a day to do some sort of exercise. Whether it's walking, going to the gym, or doing a workout DVD.

If you really enjoy walking, the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs are great. You can get lots of them free on YouTube. Or walking outside is always an option too.

I guess for me, I feel like exercise counts more (or feels better) when I do it all at once.
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I used to run a lot but due to back problems, I can't anymore...so I walk. I do not know about steps but walking 30 min up to 2h per day made me lose 10 kg in less than 3 months without modifying my diet. But what surprises me even more is that my weight loss is as good as when I used to run.

I am sorry to use metrics but if 1 step is about 1m, then 5000-7000 steps is already enough to lose weight on a constant basis