Personal Slendertone product test (will it work?)

Options
I ended up winning a gift certificate so i ended up buying an interesting product called. "Slendertone" using the electronic stimulation to the ab muscles to force them to contract. First of all let me say that I have always practised abs contractions at my computer while doing stuff. Figured this would help me out a bit, and a good way to test a so called gimmick product. I am logging 30 to 60 days of progress, or waste of time. I decided to upload this information to youtube so when all is said and done, there will be no questions to those who want to try this product if they are going to be wasting their money or not.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMy7q3hNehIMbaKY10j_6Q

3 days wont show much but when i am done it will show results of up to 60days, 1 day at a time. Should be interesting as an experiment.

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have had what i believe is a similar toy for about 20 years. Mine is two adhesive pads you apply to wherever. I was under the impression these devices were originally intended for bed ridden/comatose people to help reduce muscle atrophy.
    I'm pretty sure the science is clear that it doesn't build muscle. No time to get links though.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Really what i figured a well but hell I have the time to do a very extensive test to show people that have been looking at this product. I do not believe it will simulate ab work in any way. However when i am done, proper diet, proper use of the product, I can Mythbust and save thousands of people a lot of money.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering how the slendertone trial went?
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes it did i actually did a Youtube video set regarding the results, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89MEMN660H4
    In a nutshell, it was great to strengthen my core, took away my back pain by strengthen the core. Great for a starting point to engage the muscles and really provided a good foundation for my future ab progress.