possible ab improvement?

Options
I have had five major abdominal surgeries and basically my belly is quadrifurcated. Above the waist it is not so bad (the scar from that one goes to the bra line, but is not "indented." That same scar below the waist is however indented a good inch. I'm figuring that enough fat loss might make it not so indented. Time has not made that any better--the last opening of that incision was 2009. It had not been quite that bad before those two. I am seeing a trainer tomorrow for this specifically for the first time since the 09 events, although I have been trying to lose fat by cardio and weights for a couple of years. Is there any hope for improvement or am I stuck with this? Has anybody had a similar issue? I honestly hope not, but if you have had similar, I'd love to know.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Overall fat loss should help. You won't be able to target abdominal fat, unfortunately. For an explanation, Google "spot reduction myth". I would do a normal, full-body strength routine with the trainer, as opposed to doing lots of ab exercises.
  • palomalou2
    palomalou2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cheri, yes I know spot reduction is not possible, which is why I've been doing cardio and full-body. Hopefully she can help me do it BETTER! I just don't know after one has been "pleated" whether there is much hope of looking better. All encouragement welcome!