Is this a healthy diet to get shredded?

Options
I'm trying to get shredded I've been working for two years not yet shredded this will be diet for the next six months but I want your option is it healthy I'm an ectomorph-> Meal plan

Breakfast. Whey protein vanilla shake with whole milk, a spoonful of natural peanut butter, a handful of spinach, and a handful of ice blended.

Along with six jimmy dean sausage links and a bowl of Cheerios with milk.

Mid morning snack-> jimmy dean delight sausage egg white breakfast sandwich.

Lunch. Two pork chops grilled with a1 steak sauce and a potato grilled.

First mid afternoon snack-> 1 banana with a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and cashews.

Second mid afternoon snack tuna on wheat bread with light miracle whip and a 1/2 cups of black olives. With a handful of cashews

Third mid afternoon snack 1 piece of fruit.

Dinner. 2 chicken breast grilled with A1 steak sauce with 1 potato or a thing baked sweet potato fries with some black olives.

Night snack. One cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and cashews. With a glass of low fat chocolate milk. And one cheese stick.

Is it what would you replace or cut out.

All I drink is water btw

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get shredded I've been working for two years not yet shredded this will be diet for the next six months but I want your option is it healthy I'm an ectomorph-> Meal plan

Breakfast. Whey protein vanilla shake with whole milk, a spoonful of natural peanut butter, a handful of spinach, and a handful of ice blended.

Along with six jimmy dean sausage links and a bowl of Cheerios with milk.

Mid morning snack-> jimmy dean delight sausage egg white breakfast sandwich.

Lunch. Two pork chops grilled with a1 steak sauce and a potato grilled.

First mid afternoon snack-> 1 banana with a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and cashews.

Second mid afternoon snack tuna on wheat bread with light miracle whip and a 1/2 cups of black olives. With a handful of cashews

Third mid afternoon snack 1 piece of fruit.

Dinner. 2 chicken breast grilled with A1 steak sauce with 1 potato or a thing baked sweet potato fries with some black olives.

Night snack. One cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and cashews. With a glass of low fat chocolate milk. And one cheese stick.

Is it what would you replace or cut out.

All I drink is water btw

To get shredded dude you need to lose more bodyfat, which in turn means dropping calories SLOWLY so you don't burn off muscle mass. And since you an Ecto. it shouldn't be hard for you. Your diet is fine.

Don't expect to look like the guys at The Arnold Classic, because they drain themselves of water weight for weeks in advance for one day only.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I feel I must respond if only because your meal plan looks like something my husband would come up with and I can't help but nag him over it ;)

WHERE'S THE VEG??? you need more green than that bit of spinach in your smoothie!! Add a salad to lunch some broccoli to dinner and I'll be happy.

Beyond that your diet looks fine, looks like enough protein to get you where you want to be.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nutrients come from vegetables. You should really have at least a serving of veggies with every meal. It'll also help control hunger by filling you up, at little calorie/fat expense!
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Aren't potatoes and olives veggies?
  • ayyeecee
    ayyeecee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ditch all processed foods. Eat full fat items- all low fat items are highly processed.
    Maybe you could look up paleo diet?

Veggies, protein, a little fruit, a little carbs, NO refined sugar. Eat lots of protein, if you don't want to eat veggies with every meal, put some kale in your morning shake, you can hardly tell its in there anyway.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think potatoes are technically starches, and I'm unsure about olives. Still, go for as much variety as you can. Broccoli, kale, carrots and onions are my staples. Looking to try out eggplant and asparagus soon.

Don't just eat them raw either. Steamed or stir-fried they taste pretty good!