Eat Clean Challenge, anyone?? 14 day or 4 week?

Options
I've been thinking of hosting a clean eating challenge. A focus on dropping the junk and choosing healthier options. You would have to check in daily and post what you ate, rate how you think you did, and what you did to choose healthier that day and/or what you could have done. The idea is to motivate others and gain motivation from others, as well at possibly discover new healthy foods and ways to prepare them or possibly even alternatives to some unhealthy ones. Who's interested? It doesn't matter what your level is, I just want interest, support and a good attitude!

Replies

• Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'll join you! I am on my own loose weight challenge. I am pretty good at keeping track and eating properly...but, I seem to eat the same snacks each day and would like to learn other "real" alternatives. I say "real" because a couple of sample menus for weight loss I've seen online list edamame, tofu, seaweed, ... Um, ya, I'm not going to rush out and buy that!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I'd be interested in. :)

I'd just like to question why Byantha thinks edamame is not "real" food - Sorry, I eat tofu, so you may not find great ideas from me.
  • Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wasn't fair for me to say it isn't real. Of course it is completely real and so is tofu. Just not sure it would be a choice for me...but , hey you never know.....
  • paigecash
    paigecash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in. We've been moving toward clean eating at my house since the beginning of January. I've become a dedicated label reader in the grocery store. My daughter never met a processed carb she didn't like so she's a real challenge. I'm sort of new to MFP so how do we do this? Make a group?
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yay! I will make the group and then post the link here!
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! I don't know how well I'll do; I'm kind of addicted to chocolate and Pringles, but I'd like to try :)
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to join for anyone who is interested! Let's do this!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19466-eat-clean-challenge