Living Healthy 24/7

murf19
murf19 Posts: 453 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Murf19

I'm 46 and work in Boston MA. I started P90x for the first time on 8/1/09 and finished on 10/31. I loved it. I had never done anything like this. I've gone to the gym on and off my whole life but never really dedicated myself to eating right and exercising. Once I started seeing results I knew this was for me. I looked and felt great! I did it again starting on 1/30/10.
Since I finished I've been working out 5 - 7 days a week incorporating some of the P90x dvds into my workout at the gym. I also get Tony's monthly one on ones to mix up the workouts a bit. The one on ones are a great tool to swap in and out of any workout! I plan to do P90X twice a year and stay active with my one on ones and other workouts I create throughout the year.

You can workout all you want but if you don't change your diet you won't get the results you want. Start slow.... Give up or gut back on the carb at dinner, you'll be suprised at just that wil do. I've been through it now and can offer ideas etc.

The first time around I lost over 14 lbs, 3" on my waist and body fat went from 30 to 11.

In August of 2009 I weighed close to 178 lbs and my body fat was 30% - Today - 10/2010 I'm a manageable 150lbs with my body fat around 11%.

It is no longer a diet or a work out to me! I wanted to change the way I live and I did. It's now a way of life and it feels great. A combination of healty eating, staying active, drinking Shakeology and enjoying life is a great place to be! My kids who are 9 and 8 also workout with me. They say they want to be like me. What more can you ask for? Right!

Replies

• Just started Week 2, Day 2. I love it myself. I finished insanity just before I started. Not the same at all. I completely agree with what you said about nutrition. I've been trying to eat a more "Primal Diet" of more uncooked fruits and veggies. I started 2 and a half months ago 21 lbs heavier. I've gone from 234 to 213. www.marksdailyapple.com has helped me immensely with nutritional advice. I highly recommend you check it out. And it's written by the guy Mark Sisson, who talks about the P90X energy bars after the P90X work out DVDs. Great job and Good Luck!
  • mrskelsey24
    mrskelsey24 Posts: 18 Member
    Congrats and thanks for the tips/encouragement!
This discussion has been closed.