Surviving Super Bowl Sunday

Options
Our house is usually the destination for the Super Bowl. The way we usually get out of not having a Super Bowl party ourselves is to go to someone else's party. we did not plan on going anywhere or having anyone over this year. So last night I find out that one of my husband's best friends is coming by tomorrow to watch the game. No biggie.

Except . . .he went to the butcher this morning and picked up several pounds of chicken wings, catfish, Italian sausage, a big old tub of canola oil for frying the catfish and wings. Methinks he did not just invite his one friend over. By the way my husband's fried catfish is to die for, so . . . should I just run away from home?

Replies

• dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I think I will at least run around the block and extra time
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Nah, enjoy! It's only one day and hey its the super bowl!

Go SEAHAWKS! lol
  • dshalbert
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Go Sea Hawks!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you and you're going to need all the comfort food you can get when the hawks get crushed. :tongue: (I say this in jest)

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy the game!
  • dshalbert
    Options
    One day won't kill you and you're going to need all the comfort food you can get when the hawks get crushed. :tongue: (I say this in jest)

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy the game!

:tongue:
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My plan is to munch today (in moderation) and then balance it a bit over the course of this upcoming week by eating a little less or exercising a little more each day. Go Omaha!! :wink: (actually, I have little preference for who wins, just hope it's a good game)
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I read this on the Interwebs so it must be true: All food is calorie free during the Super Bowl! ;p
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's one day, enjoy it. Log it and move on. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Our house is usually the destination for the Super Bowl. The way we usually get out of not having a Super Bowl party ourselves is to go to someone else's party. we did not plan on going anywhere or having anyone over this year. So last night I find out that one of my husband's best friends is coming by tomorrow to watch the game. No biggie.

Except . . .he went to the butcher this morning and picked up several pounds of chicken wings, catfish, Italian sausage, a big old tub of canola oil for frying the catfish and wings. Methinks he did not just invite his one friend over. By the way my husband's fried catfish is to die for, so . . . should I just run away from home?
    Certainly. Success means never enjoying anything for the rest of your life.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eat it and log it or don't eat it. Why would the event have anything to do with whether you log or not? It's just a football game, and unless you're on the team, has no impact on you.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    going to the local bar buffet all night going to pick and worry about it tomorrow.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure chicken wings, bean dip, and beer are fatal in laboratory mice . . . particularly if they're viewing the game
  • ChrisSpencer71
    Options
    It's a cheat day. Everyone is entitled to them. You work hard you deserve a break. I'm in the same boat but I'll eat more more healthy snack before I go to the party, limit portions, and drink light beer.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    It's a cheat day. Everyone is entitled to them. You work hard you deserve a break. I'm in the same boat but I'll eat more more healthy snack before I go to the party, limit portions, and drink light beer.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure an angel in heaven dies every time someone drinks a light beer.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I picked up lots of proteins and veggies.... I skipped the carbs (ie chips, crackers, etc.) I do plan to log it so I can tell what damage I have done. I plan to up the exercise next week and eat a lot cleaner for a few days. Just to balance it all out.

My biggest decision is alcohol or no alcohol..... I actually don't mind skipping beer in the winter. That might be a game time decision! LOL
  • dshalbert
    Options

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure an angel in heaven dies every time someone drinks a light beer.

:laugh: Hilarious! OK, I didn't run away from home, I had my husband's awesome fried catfish and enjoyed the game.