Scale inches clothes

Options
Measuring
Tape shows .2 of an ich gone on chest but why does my jacket feel tighter? Also scale lies all day but
Basically stays around 168.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your scales will read different things all day depending on many things. Such as what you've eaten or drunk etc environmental factors and many other things. To get vaguely consistent numbers of your scales you need to weigh at the same time in the day. your body can fluctuate up to 5 pounds (sometimes more) in a day.

As for .2 of an inch that could easily be an error in your measuring as in reality its not a lot. Try not to get overly obsessed with too small a numbers. Have patience stick to a reasonable deficit and the weight will come off
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Measuring
    Tape shows .2 of an ich gone on chest but why does my jacket feel tighter? Also scale lies all day but

how many times a day do you weigh yourself? Don't be obsessed with numbers.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Measuring

Don't know what to tell ya on the jacket and tape measuring things.

But on weighing yourself daily... even every few hours is the sign of a problem.

Weigh yourself WEEKLY 1st thing in the AM. Your body weight fluctuates so much it's stupid and you will never get a true reading when doing what you're doing. After my "flex bowl" at night which is basically all carbs and junk food with greek yogurt to meet my calories since I'm bulking, I gain 10lbs.... no joke. but it's all just sitting in my stomach and it's usually gone in the AM.

Stick for your MFP calorie allowance or a small amount under and weight will come off.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I agree with weighing yourself once a week. You could even do every other. I weigh in on Wednesday morning before eating & drinking anything and after... relieving myself... ;) Wednesday works for me because it gives me time to flush out any extra sodium from weekend eating.

Also I can't measure myself to save my life, seriously I went from a size 16 to a size 8 and my measurements barely budged so I know I'm not doing it right lol
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree with weighing yourself once a week. You could even do every other. I weigh in on Wednesday morning before eating & drinking anything and after... relieving myself... ;) Wednesday works for me because it gives me time to flush out any extra sodium from weekend eating.

Also I can't measure myself to save my life, seriously I went from a size 16 to a size 8 and my measurements barely budged so I know I'm not doing it right lol

me either ^^
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but always first thing after the toilet and naked I find looking at the 30 day report motivating-not so much the weekly report as it goes up and down.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but always first thing after the toilet and naked I find looking at the 30 day report motivating-not so much the weekly report as it goes up and down.

Same here, I have an app that shows the 'trend'.. as long as I have a downward trend I don't mind the small jumps.
  • cdiddy238307
    Options
    So I have been working out and eating 1820 calories a day for about a month now and for some reason I haven's lost a single pound. I work out 6 days a week and burn between 900-1500 calories each workout session. I do eat these calories back sometimes but others I just cant seem to eat them all back and leave about 400 available. I am 5'11" and 228 lbs. My workouts consist of about 45-60 minutes of cardio and 20-30 minutes of weight lifting. Everyone keeps saying that its fat turning into muscle and I should be seeing a loss in inches but I don't really even see that. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
  • CSueRun
    Options
    make sure you weigh yourself the same time daily- and typically first thing in the morning is reported to be the BEST time.
    Also, inches tell a better story than weight in lbs anyday. (Muscle weighs more than fat afterall). I'm a fan of if my clothes fit, fit differently-then we need to figure out what's going right (or wrong if they start to feel too tight) with my eating/workouts...

don't get discouraged...it takes time to see a transformation...