P90X!!!

Options
Hey Folks,
My friends and I have taken upon ourselves to try P90X.

I did the Pre Test Today and didn't think I would make it through the "assessment"

I WANT to do this and I NEED to make it work!

Has anyone else done this !!??

:mad:

Replies

• ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I did P90X last winter. It is a tough workout but completely doable. If you havent done intense workouts in a while then stick to modications and just do as much as you can. You will get stronger as your progress through the weeks. Best of luck to you.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Be careful. If it hurts, DON'T DO IT. Modifications are important.

I know a number of people who have hurt themselves with P90X.

I'm not saying don't do it.. I'm saying be realistic about what you can, and can't do, and mod whenever necessary.

It's not a contest to keep up with the paid professionals on the screen.
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Power 90 and have dropped 25 pounds in 5 weeks and still going. I'm seeing definition in my triceps, my biceps, advancing in push-ups, and so much more. Across all areas, I've gotten better and better, from cardio to weight lifting. It's an excellent opening primer to P90X. I'll be moving over to P90x in 7 weeks.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have not done it, but would love to give it a try. I have done Insanity and that is INSANE!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did Phase 1 of P90X and then switched over to X3. I just finished up the first Phase of X3 and am looking forward to the second, as I hear that's where the most changes occur. I have some progress pictures on my profile if you'd like to take a peek! :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Great program. I just ordered X3.

You have two other great things going for you. A group of buddies doing it together. A desire to do this!!!

You CAN do it!!!! Take it easy... pause when needed. Modify until you build up.

It can change your life, follow through for YOU.
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
    Add me and track my progress!!
    I can use all the inspiration I can get.
    My daughter is a huge reason I'm getting in better shape. I want to see her live forever and being this big is not going to let me live life with her to the fullest.

P90x was the only copy I could get for free. My friend gave up on it and gave it to me. Here's hoping I can make it work!!

Love to all!
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here's some basic thing's I know from people who have done and succeeded with P90x, don't overdo it, but do every workout. Which is to say, if you can only do ten push-ups and there's time on the clock, just rest... but try and keep up with the transitions. The transitions are key. Keeping up with the transitions will help you a great deal in losing weight and keeping in shape, whether or not you can do the whole routine, whether or not you have to modify. Try your best to keep up with the transitions.
  • amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday....I improvised a lot, and very sore...but it feels good.
  • cmasonrock
    Options
    Great Advice! Thanks a bunch!!!
    Here's some basic thing's I know from people who have done and succeeded with P90x, don't overdo it, but do every workout. Which is to say, if you can only do ten push-ups and there's time on the clock, just rest... but try and keep up with the transitions. The transitions are key. Keeping up with the transitions will help you a great deal in losing weight and keeping in shape, whether or not you can do the whole routine, whether or not you have to modify. Try your best to keep up with the transitions.
  • cmasonrock
    Options
    If you are just starting then we should motivate each other for real!
    Add me as a friend and we will ROCK THIS!
    I did day 1 yesterday....I improvised a lot, and very sore...but it feels good.
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Tenaarnett swears by it....as well she should. She looks FABULOUS! You may want to look her up. She has moved on to 3 but I am sure she will give you some input if you message her.
    Rocki
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    If you can't do it all at the same time, take breaks and spread it out throughout your day.

I did this because I had a weak knee and survived it.

Don't let how tough it is stop you, just go at your own pace :flowerforyou:
  • wadevb1
    Options
    I've done it twice minus their diet plan (eat healthy to begin with) and the program works providing you leave everything on the floor. Group participation should prevent a person from cutting corners.

You don't have to be in peak shape to start.

I don't miss yoga nights. That routine is a killer.
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice minus their diet plan (eat healthy to begin with) and the program works providing you leave everything on the floor. Group participation should prevent a person from cutting corners.

You don't have to be in peak shape to start.

I don't miss yoga nights. That routine is a killer.

The BEST thing about X3, hands down, is that the yoga is only 30 minutes. hahaha. I HATED P90X Yoga day. So much. But I love it in X3. SOOO much better.
  • kimdenise17
    Options
    I am doing it also and I love it. It is hard but when I get on the scale on weigh in days, it makes it all better. I am doing the lean program.
  • pdmitra
    pdmitra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI.. I started p90x last week. I actually wanted to do a P90x/ Turbofire hybrid, but I liked P90x. At the end of week 1... I am sooooooooooooooo sore its crazy! Honestly I didn't expect to be so sore bcuz I have been working out fairly regularly and had been doing turbofire. Its nice to mix things up a bit. I have not lost any weight but my thighs already feel like rocks!
  • pdmitra
    pdmitra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just ordered p90X3...I am finishing the T25 beta workouts now and am on the Beach Body team...I definitely love to help motivate others and can use the motivation in return!

Feel free to check my health/wellness site on Facebook too-Fit-Tastically Fab...lots of inspiration flowing there!

good luck-I'm sure you will succeed with the right frame of mind, tools and focus! You sound motivated and ready to go!

CSueRun....

How is T25? I am thinking of doing T25 in the morning and P90x in the evenings.
  • cmasonrock
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look her up :)
    Tenaarnett swears by it....as well she should. She looks FABULOUS! You may want to look her up. She has moved on to 3 but I am sure she will give you some input if you message her.
    Rocki
  • cmasonrock
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!
    Keep It Coming I'm reading it all!