Feeling Yucky

Options
I have a very bad habit every morning of having a Starbucks Whtie Chocolate Mocha every morning for breakfast. I know it's bad for me but I have still been maintaining my calorie intake. This week I have felt nauseated and just yucky but I'm not sick. I'm starting to wonder if all of the sugar in those drinks are starting to get to me. I need to come up with a healthier breakfast. I am a vegetarian so that somewhat limits my options but I do eat dairy product. I don't really like eggs on a regular basis. I have to be in the mood for them. Does anyone have any ideas of something that I can eat on the go that will be filling and healthy?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my go-to...or oatmeal...drink some almond chocolate milk too
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    being vegetarian does not limit options for breakfast, my current diet plan allows 40 gram porridge with 120ml of semi skimmed milk, zap for 2mins in microwave, can add dried fruit before cooking , cinnamon and it fills you up and oats have low GI so slow release of energy will keep you going for ages.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I need breakfast ideas too.
  • bedazzledmom
    Options
    How about a Fibre One Bar (140 cals) and a cup of raspberries (75 cals) and maybe a small piece of cheese for protein?
    You can easily eat it on the way to work. If you can curb your "habit" maybe you will feel & save some cash too!
    Maybe a fancy coffee once a week for a treat?
    :happy:
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    hii! i go to starbucks usually every morning also. however, I do stick to just plain coffee and usually either get a multi grain bagel to along with my coffee or the 'perfect oatmeal' which is totally awesome and satisfying.I usually flip flop between the two.

as for the white mocha, yeah i wouldnt be drinking that every morning, espically if you're getting it with the standard 2% milk, i think thats one of the most caloric drinks they have on the menu.

I would suggest getting to know some of their other non fat lattes, in the tall size. One of my favorites when i do splurge is the non-fat caramel macchiato. I'm not sure if you're an espresso fan at all but their americano's are no fat and basically no calories. you do have to be a total coffee feind to enjoy those i'll admit. You're probably just going to have to train your taste buds to get on with less sugar. coffee is great! yumyum! [ahh says the girl whos worked as a barista]
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt.L
    Lots of protein. add fresh berries and flax seed .
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. I've eaten fiber one bars before and they are pretty yummy. I used to eat them for snacks a couple of years ago. Thanks for the idea!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Each morning I mix together in a large bowl/mug: 39 grams( /2 cup) Quick Oats, 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts, 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, 1/3 of a chopped apple, lots of cinnamon, & 8 ounces water. Microwave for 90 seconds. It is delicious and fills me up for 2 hours. I sometimes also mix in 1 Tbsp flax seed that I grind in a coffee grinder.

I also sometimes have a whole grain toasted bagel or English muffin with natural nut butter or fruit spread.

I eat vegan.
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hii! i go to starbucks usually every morning also. however, I do stick to just plain coffee and usually either get a multi grain bagel to along with my coffee or the 'perfect oatmeal' which is totally awesome and satisfying.I usually flip flop between the two.

as for the white mocha, yeah i wouldnt be drinking that every morning, espically if you're getting it with the standard 2% milk, i think thats one of the most caloric drinks they have on the menu.

I would suggest getting to know some of their other non fat lattes, in the tall size. One of my favorites when i do splurge is the non-fat caramel macchiato. I'm not sure if you're an espresso fan at all but their americano's are no fat and basically no calories. you do have to be a total coffee feind to enjoy those i'll admit. You're probably just going to have to train your taste buds to get on with less sugar. coffee is great! yumyum! [ahh says the girl whos worked as a barista]

Thanks for the ideas! I am just starting to get a taste for coffee. I've tried to switch over to regular with creamer and sugar and I'm just not there yet. I think it will be a gradual taste adjustment! I do get the white choc. mocha made with skim milk but it's still loaded with sugar. I think i might try the carmel macciato. And i may try to limit myself to two a week and the rest of the week do something a little bit healthier.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love Apple and Cinnamon instant Oatmeal with a cut up apple in it!!! its so yummy, healthy and like eating apple crisp for breakfast! lol
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever want to give up my little can of Starbuck's Doubleshot. It's a daily vice of mine. I only allow myself one a day, but I really look forward to it each morning.

Sometimes I wake up a little nauseated, not sure why. It usually passes and then I get on with the program.