Serious PAIN in Feet

Options
I will be the first one to tell you I am out of shape. I am not fat but I am definitely not fit. To the point though, I am on day two of Focus T25 and while it is kicking my butt into the ground, the part I am really struggling with is pain in my feet! The pain is around the arch area (I have average arches; not too low, not too high) and feels like a charleyhorse....super painful. I have tried different shoes on each day to no avail. Any suggestions for a remedy or even possibly the cause? Thanks so much!

Replies

• jmgoingINSANE
    Options
    Take a few days off so your body has time to repair muscles and get used to the new exercise. Then pick up where you left off and it wont hurt anymore! Same thing happened to me with insanity in week 1
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Definately rest up. I use to get heel splints (I think that's what they're called) I took a week of and I was good as new.
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds like plantar fasciitis (my own personal nemesis). To alleviate the pain, I sit on the floor and take a towel or resistance band and place it across my arch. While pulling on the towel/band I flex my foot. Do this until your foot feels better. It usually takes me about five or six repetitions. There are other exercises you can do but I find this works best for me. It is also a good idea to check your athletic shoes to be sure they are still supportive. Hope this helps.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    Sounds like plantar fasciitis (my own personal nemesis). To alleviate the pain, I sit on the floor and take a towel or resistance band and place it across my arch. While pulling on the towel/band I flex my foot. Do this until your foot feels better. It usually takes me about five or six repetitions. There are other exercises you can do but I find this works best for me. It is also a good idea to check your athletic shoes to be sure they are still supportive. Hope this helps.

Sounds indeed like plantar fascitis, which is aggravated if you are overweight. I was referred to a podiatrist for the same condition and I was given off the counter (not custom made) arch supports and prescribed calf stretching exercises. The calf stretch consisted of standing on a slanted board with toes raised (place a cutting board on the edge of the phone book) for several minutes a couple of times a day. I set this up at the wash basin and several strategic spots in the house, so stretched while brushing teeth, prepping food, etc. My symptoms disappeared in about 6 weeks.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As a Physical Therapist I would say Plantar Fascitis. I had it too. For me arch supports worked. I know all the exercises but they didn't work for me (ironic). It takes some getting used to but I wear the arches all the time even in my slippers. I feel like I have a tunnel under my feet without them. I got mine at the "Good Foot" store, Good luck.