Replies

• PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Put a fork in the Broncos. They are done. :frown:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    "dober-uaua"

hahahahaha

Yeah, I like that one & loved the Radio Shack 80s commercial.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    I'm trying to figure out why people are freaking out about the America is Beautiful commercial done by Coke? America the Beautiful is a patriotic song and the whole idea is that America is beautiful and embraced by other cultures.. I saw someone on FB posted that it was wrong to have the song sung in the language of our enemies! Which language? Arabic? We have many allies that speak Arabic too!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    every year they get a little more disappointing I think they spend so much on the spot they cant afford to make an interesting commercial
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i liked the car one with the muppets. then the two previews transformers and spiderman movies. other wise yeah they all suck
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    I'm trying to figure out why people are freaking out about the America is Beautiful commercial done by Coke? America the Beautiful is a patriotic song and the whole idea is that America is beautiful and embraced by other cultures.. I saw someone on FB posted that it was wrong to have the song sung in the language of our enemies! Which language? Arabic? We have many allies that speak Arabic too!

To many people, it is very symbolic in it's more well known form.
    For me, I don't even like it when singers try to "make it their own" and add pauses, highs/lows and all sorts of B.S. to try and show off their supposed talent. It's not some Celine Dion song to turn into a show, it's a very patriotic and symbolic song that many feel should be left as it is. During some college games, singers change the anthem so much that I have to change the channel.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    "dober-uaua"

hahahahaha
    Creepy. Reminded me of the things that terrorized the subways in "Cloverfield"
    parasiterg0.jpg
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    The Kia "Morpheus from The Matrix" couldv'e been SOOO much better. :grumble: Well, in my head it was better. :huh:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member

For me, I don't even like it when singers try to "make it their own" and add pauses, highs/lows and all sorts of B.S. to try and show off their supposed talent. It's not some Celine Dion song to turn into a show, it's a very patriotic and symbolic song that many feel should be left as it is. During some college games, singers change the anthem so much that I have to change the channel.

You know that "America the Beautiful" isn't the national anthem, right?
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member

You know that "America the Beautiful" isn't the national anthem, right?

Obviously, which is why I specified it separately. I brought it up though because they are both patriotic songs heard at football games.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    WELCOME HOME CHUCK! BUDWEISER TEAM = DEF DEF DEF WIN !!! :heart:
  • PghPensFan69
    I know if I worked for any of these companies, I would be pissed that they spent so much on a ****ty commercial while likely cutting the merit pool.
  • I'm trying to figure out why people are freaking out about the America is Beautiful commercial done by Coke? America the Beautiful is a patriotic song and the whole idea is that America is beautiful and embraced by other cultures.. I saw someone on FB posted that it was wrong to have the song sung in the language of our enemies! Which language? Arabic? We have many allies that speak Arabic too!

Not sure whether to laugh for feel sad LOL
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Awwww, the Doritos commercial where the kid rides the Mastiff. I have a Bull Mastiff so I'm kinda partial!
  • PghPensFan69
    As bad as the commercials were, at least we didn't get stuck paying for a $4 million Obamacare ad.
  • PghPensFan69
    Top 10 Super Bowl commercials of all time

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HPR3PB_VGVs
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I thought the second Wonderful pistachios commercial was pretty cool, but not worth spending big $$$ for the spot.

Half time show is pretty good so far.

Rooting for the Broncos, so hating the game so far.
    ^^^ALL THIS

My winner so far, besides the halftime show, was the Radio Shack commercial. Despite making me feel OLD for recognizing EVERYBODY in the commercial, it's the only one to make me laugh.
    Radio Shack was my favorite too.
    Slightly extended version. http://youtu.be/oUwwZHdx6SU
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    i liked the car one with the muppets. then the two previews transformers and spiderman movies. other wise yeah they all suck

My daughter loves the movie White Chicks and kept saying, "sing a Thousand Miles, please."
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    I liked the commercials with animals. The Doberhuahua, Bull (sexay thang), and the Budweiser puppy. The investment baby was greatly missed. Did I miss his commercial or was he not present?
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    My favorite was the Chrysler commercial feat. Bob Dylan.