Fight to the finish line - 76 lbs. down / 54 to go

Options
bkciddir
bkciddir Posts: 42 Member
My journey started on 01/19/2013. To date I have lost 76 pounds. I promised my daughter that I would loose the remainder by her graduation from high school which is June 2014. I am really struggling to loose any more. I was pretty faithful with entering for about 8 months and fell off the wagon. I am hoping to get back on the bandwagon and faithfully tracking my food intake. I also use body media. It is my life savor. I am 44 years old and 5'11. I have 2 children (18 and 3 years old). Yes, I am an old mom. I not only made the promise to my eighteen year old, but with starting over with a very young child in my mid 40's, I thought I better do something NOW or I will never see my little one grow up. So, here I am. I am on a quest to loose 54 more pounds to reach my goal and I need some inspiration, some help and some friends. HELP! Oh, here are some pictures - I know this is what has helped me a lot over the past year. So, here are mine. I hope I get the pictures posted correctly. My apologies if I can't.

[img][/img]Old_zpsfcfc759d.jpg
[img][/img]January242013-Front_zpsc4cad17e.jpg
[img][/img]52740bb3-47aa-46e6-8eaa-4c9157ef378a_zps115eba58.jpg
[img][/img]a28d9ca6-0a5f-4cff-a1d7-4f341d51d038_zpsfa41dab8.jpg

Replies

• ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing! Ineed to lose 50 lbs as well. I'm 53 so a bit older and slower metabolism. I'm sending you a friend request. I have amazing friends that lo every day, me not as faithful but just watching every one else helps to keep me in check.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    W_O_W! You look fabulous, I bet you feel that way, too!:flowerforyou:
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I lost 83 and gained 10 back last fall. I really feel like I'm on a large plateau. I've been about the same weight for 1 year. I need to lose about 30 more and just can't muster the enthusiasm. I am committed to exercise, staying strong and keeping what I've lost off. As a young adult my weight hung here in the 160's and I never could lose weight. I feel like I have some sort of huge obstacle in my way. Only I don't know what it is.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    HOLY OMG!!!! You don't even look like the same person. Love your current face pic!!!!!
  • bkciddir
    bkciddir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I do feel a lot better. I can actually go up and down my stairs at home without getting out of breath. lol I work out about 5-6 days week for a minimum of 45 minutes. I usually am at the gym for up to 2 hours per day. I love the gym now. I have been going pretty faithful since January 2013. I do a combination of cardio and weight training and that has been since the beginning. I have a lot more jump in my step now. I am proud of myself for getting this far, but I am beating myself up for not getting to my ultimate goal yet. So, some success has been made. Examples would be - I used to wear a 2X - 3X and now I wear a medium and large. I haven't bought jeans or anything with like sizes, because I expect to loose the remainder 54 pounds. What I do purchase that are not a lot of money right now are leggings and/or jeggings. They are what I live in now with nice sweaters. I had to get rid of 4 leaf bags of clothes (those HUGE black bags you stuff your leaves in). So, needless to say, I had almost nothing in my closet to wear after this weight loss. And with 54 more pounds to go, I expect I will be reinventing my entire closet once again. But, my quest continues and I am positive if I feel this good now, I will feel even better at my ultimate goal and success will finally be met. Just to put things in perspective - that will be 130 pound weight loss in total. I will have lost carrying around another person. That is insane when you think about it.
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG! You really don't look like the same person. Awesome effort - you are an inspiration! I need to loose a similar amount so I will be watching with interest!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way and are doing great !! You can finish this !! I can`t wait to see your after pics :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!