First day Feb 2, 2014

Options
My name is Larry. I am 53 years of age and I have to lose weight and today (Feb 2, 2014) is my first day of my 365 day goal to lose 133 to 150 pounds. I am determined and I have the help and encouragement of my good friend Rusty and support of my wife Inday. I started an exercise program to get up and move each hour for 5 minutes. I made it through day one, and I am am on the road to a whole new me. Once I start feeling better, I will increase the exercises. My friend Rusty is my coach and food prep during the day. He is determined to help me lose the weight that has almost crippled me. :smile:

Replies

• angelwilliams5872
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry to bother you with an unrelated post, but I am new to this site also, & cannot figure out how to make a 'forum'.. Can you help me please?
  • Mousie59
    Mousie59 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You have the determination....let me absorb some of that...I need it! It's a road but hey..a little at a time right?
  • Welcome Larry! I'm just a couple weeks in myself. Wanting to lose around the same amount and for the same reasons. How lucky you are to have such a supportive friend in your corner! That will be a great help to you on your journey. You will find lots of help and motivation here as well.
  • kernjamie
    Options
    Welcome Larry! You sound like you are determined and you have some great goals and tools to help you along the way. Nice to meet you.
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Larry! Today is my first day, too. You are an inspiration to me because taking the first step is the hardest. My weight loss goals aren't as big as yours, only 40 lbs, but we all have our personal battle/ journey to health. I've yo-yo'd my whole life and I'm ready to be done with that. Best wishes and sending lots of motivation your way!
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    YOU GO LARRY! We are here for you. I have over 100 lbs to lose. It's important to take one day at a time and don't focus on the whole amount. Think of 5,10 lbs increments. They will add up quickly. Good luck.
    Sherri