I am on a 1200 calorie diet and I gained?

Options
2»

Replies

• ashielauren
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and the same weight as you and when I posted about wanting to lose weight, I was told I need to gain some so you certainly do being 5 inches taller than me! I've struggled with an eating disorder for 5 years and yes, it is hard to accept that you need to gain weight to be your healthiest, but it's so much better to be healthy and happy than to be sick and constantly worried about your weight.
  • manningania
    manningania Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh no this isn't fake lol I just am curious as to what it can be to have caused me to gain weight. This is my first post cause I've been on a good routine this week just baffled me cuz I haven't done anything differently. I've had this account for a year lol.
  • manningania
    manningania Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Btw thank you all for your concern I am seeking help I just don't know why I gained if I just did something different I want to gain in a healthy controlled way and not by surprise is all :) thank you all you're all amazing :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Btw thank you all for your concern I am seeking help I just don't know why I gained if I just did something different I want to gain in a healthy controlled way and not by surprise is all :) thank you all you're all amazing :)

OP, if you are serious about gaining weight and getting healthy, feel free to add me.
    I have some experience with disordered eating and may be assistance.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh no this isn't fake lol I just am curious as to what it can be to have caused me to gain weight. This is my first post cause I've been on a good routine this week just baffled me cuz I haven't done anything differently. I've had this account for a year lol.

You've gained because you most definitely consumed less than 1200 calories to weigh 97 pounds at your height. In all likeliehood you consumed quite a bit less than 1000 calories per day. Consume more calories and you gain weight.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You need to gain. You should not be on a 1200 calorie goal.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    OP, the weight gain is probably a good thing. I'm trying to hit 105-110 and I'm MUCH shorter than you (5'2). Perhaps you should talk to your doctor or a nutritionist. :flowerforyou:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

So, if you're trying to gain, in a healthy controlled way, why are you on 1200 calories per day?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

So, if you're trying to gain, in a healthy controlled way, why are you on 1200 calories per day?

This. OP, you really should be gaining at least another 20 lbs. It's good you are getting some help, but you should at least make your account to maintain until that point. And start lifting weights, so when you do gain weigh back, you can add some muscle mass that you depleted with your ED. But like others said, the key is getting help.