Just started and can't get to 1200

Options
I started counting my calories about a week ago without changing my diet yet in order to get a base line. But it turns out I haven't gotten to 1200 yet (Except one day where I ate Fast Food). So I'm guessing that the way I've been eating for the past few years has been insufficient and has slowed my metabolism, making it impossible for me to lose weight. I still eating four meals a day.

Can anyone tell me food that is healthy, but still high in calories? Or a way to speed up my metabolism other than working out (which I already do)?

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    First thing's first: are you sure you've been logging everything you've been eating as accurately as you can? Included all snacks, and condiments, and oil for the pan etc.?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,894 Member
    Options
    So what are you eating that has you trying to lose weight.......obviously your eating too much food over the course.....do you binge? I suspect you are if you're having a hard time consuming 1200. How much do you weight and how tall are you?
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nuts/nut butters, and avocado are some calorie dense, healthy choices. Full fat dairy like greek yogurt is also a nutritious choice. On days when I hadn't met my goal (when I was only eating 1200 cals) a spoonful of peanut butter and a banana would usually get me there.