Newbie girl :)

Options
Hey, my name is Rylee - I'm a 22 year old female from Canada who has recently found the motivation to convert to a healthier lifestyle :) And it's not just a New Years Resolution! I have weighed between 210 and 215 for the past 2 years, and I would like to work towards a goal of 140 and go from there. I have been swimming 3-4 days a week for my cardio and recently started body weight exercises (low squats kicked my *kitten* - literally) and I will likely pursue weight lifting in the future once I've dropped a bit of weight. I am finding the diet part of it a lot easier than I thought it would be - just with cutting out fast food, soda, and excessive snacking, I've been keeping up a 800-1000 calorie deficit quite easily and I'm kind of wondering why I didn't do this sooner!

My biggest setback is that I am a hypersomniac - though it's a self diagnosis at this point, I'm working with a doctor to get an official diagnosis and some kind of treatment plan figured out. I sleep on average 11-13 hours a night with a nap here and there during the day, and my sleep schedule is constantly changing. I slowly go from sleeping all day to sleeping all night every few weeks, so it has been really difficult for me to exercise consistently but I'm doing the best I can... and hopefully the exercise and better eating will make me feel better overall, or in the very least the weight loss will give me some motivation to get out of bed :)

Other than that, I am an outgoing and silly person who loves art, music, animals (especially cats), cooking, horror films, video games, all things cute, and especially sleeping :)

I'm glad to finally be a part of the community and I hope to stick around a while!

Replies

• Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and is good that you've decided to join the bunch! We all here for the same reason *The healthier life style change*. It's great that you,re in to cardio and have a physician at your side..sounds to me you are in control and highly motivated to a happier and healthier you. Add me if you like and best of luck in your journey.
  • ghostparty
    Options
    I hope it's okay, but I'm going to give this a bump. Would like to make some more friends with similar goals :)
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You seem to be off to a great start, dieting only gets easier the more you do it that is for sure, once you learn when and what to eat. Great work on the exercise aspect to it as well! Jumping right in with some great workouts. Keep it all up and you will surely hit your goal, hope you find a way to handle your sleeping problems to still get in your exercises and keep up a healthy diet!
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to make that very important decision in your life. This journey is going to be awesome and so rewarding and you have fantastic people here to take that journey with you! Please feel free to send me a friend request. I offer inspiration as often as I can and I'm always a message away if you need anything! Good Luck and Focus On Happy!
  • Lbean22
    Lbean22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Send me a request!
  • ghostparty
    Options
    I am gonna bump this again!

So far I've lost 5-7 pounds (considering fluctuations) even though I've slacked on exercise the past 2 weeks :) Back to the grind this week. Still looking for more friends - my diary is open and I prefer yours be the same so we can keep each other accountable (though don't bother adding me if you're going to **** about how much fast food I eat!)
  • Booklover125
    Options
    Hey I am new to this as well. Send a me a request.