Music for running?

Options
LKArgh
LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
Hi everyone, I am 39 years old, new to this site, and among other things I am trying to get back on a running routine, after getting lazy on this department for the last year or so. For someone who has been working out for about 20 years, I know this sounds really really stupid, but I only very recently (like a week ago) realised that I can definitely improve my performance by simply listening to music :) Of course there is music at the gym, but I had never thought to just put some music on when running in the treadmill at home. So, the question is for all you runners, where do you find music for running? Any sites or lists you can share?

Replies

• shannoonn
    shannoonn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back into running!

I cannot even think about going for a run without listening to music and I can get bored of songs quite quickly. I look up running playlists on youtube and soundcloud where there is quite a large variety. Soundcloud often has free downloads too :)

Here are a few different links of playlists I have used:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ASwmOsE3Ug
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbPkojOdKtk
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    jog.fm - you can make playlists for your pace or find existing ones
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just pick any songs with a good tempo. I add a few new songs every week to keep my playlist fresh. My favourite running songs at the moment are:

Pharrell Williams - Happy
    Little Mix - Wings
    Pitbull - Timber
    Foo Fighters..... anything really!!!
    Killers - All these things that iv done
    Katy Perry - Roar
    The Wanted - We own the night

I apologise for my taste in music ;-)
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I downloaded 101 running songs and Now that's what. I call running off iTunes. Then I put the ones I really liked in a playlist. BUT because I love the 80s so much hubbie downloaded the the Essential Cross Trainer 80s elliptical album for me too. The only unfortunate thing is when I go walking (I don't run) I forget when I'm in the woods that people can hear me.....and am often singing aloud the 80s songs word for word! I think my walking partner (my dog) is embarrassed because she spends so much time in the undergrowth out of sight ????
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, just checked jog.fm out and it looks awesome :)
  • positivesky
    positivesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We Are Going Down by ManyMore ft. Celeste Buckingham
    Celeste Buckingham Run Run (DnB Mix)
    Florence + The Machine - Breath Of Life
    Kimbra - Settle Down (Brenmar Remix)
    Natalia Kills - Saturday Night (Love Life)

all available via soundcloud. i think you just have to find a song with a high bmp... something which keeps up with your momentum and makes you feel powerful - i just realised how weird that sounds... but it's true, isn't it? essentially a song makes you feel as though you can keep running, acting as a sort of aural motivation??