Down 9 pds. in a month!!!!!!

Options
I can't believe it. I am down 9 pds. In a month. My goal is to lose a total of 31 pounds by June 1st. I can't wait to see how the next fews months go ; 0)

Replies

• Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job, girl!!! I also would like to reach my goal by June 1st. We can do it! Good luck!
  • player30
    player30 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good going!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I am right there with ya!
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    awesome loss!! congrats!!!

I just took a quick look at your diary.. just be careful with all of that fast food.. it's extremely bad for you and processed stuff is high in sodium/fat/oil. If you get that stuff for on the go, try maybe packing snacks and a lunch instead.. might save you a ton of money too. Just my two cents but still, very happy for you!!
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations!

I don't wanna be a party pooper, but please don't get discouraged if in the next months you slow down, it's natural to lose a lot initially and then go to 0.5-1 pound a week. Just promise me you will keep at it until you reach your goal!
  • jayz_gal2004
    jayz_gal2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I lost around 50 pds. several years ago before having my daughter. I kept the weight off for 4 years. Unfortunately, after giving birth I continued to eat like a "pregnant lady" and gained all of my weight back :0( I do not look forward to the dreaded plateaus that lie ahead........I have struggled with breaking them before. I am very aware of the journey that lie's ahead, but I WILL NOT STOP until I reach my goal. I am miserable at my current weight.

P.S. I know the fast food is bad for me :0/ It is just so convenient. Any quick, easy, healthy recipes suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I lost around 50 pds. several years ago before having my daughter. I kept the weight off for 4 years. Unfortunately, after giving birth I continued to eat like a "pregnant lady" and gained all of my weight back :0( I do not look forward to the dreaded plateaus that lie ahead........I have struggled with breaking them before. I am very aware of the journey that lie's ahead, but I WILL NOT STOP until I reach my goal. I am miserable at my current weight.

P.S. I know the fast food is bad for me :0/ It is just so convenient. Any quick, easy, healthy recipes suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Love your spirit!

I cook with a lot of pork tenderloin (get a pound of it and marinade it, often in mustard, on honey and dijon mustard, just 10g of mustard is enough) and have that with some quinoa or cous cous.

If you have chicken wings, thighs or just about anything, put it in a pan with raw potato wedges, put some salt, perpper and rosemary on it and loads of fresh lemon juice. Bake. Eat. Yum!

I like cooking with as little ingredients as possible. Throwing together bell peppers, red onions, butternut squash, garlic potatoes and chorizo, put some thyme on it, place chicken bits on top, season with salt pepper and paprika and bake.

Stuff chicken breasts with a combination of wholegrain mustard and mozzarella. delicious.

Edited to say I eat that pound of tenderloin for lunch and then have the chicken for dinner lol
  • jayz_gal2004
    jayz_gal2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks ell, sounds quick, easy, and delicious too!
  • gretchenhill
    gretchenhill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Keep it up and keep us posted!
  • leader29
    leader29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, 9lb down in first month, its now dropped and I only lost a quarter of a pound last week. I had my boy a year ago and have just over a stone to get back to pre preg weight, h is one on friday so cant say I just had a baby really. Would love to be friends and help each other through the next months struggle. Xxx
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the awesome work!