Polar FT4 Question

2»

Replies

• LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Bump
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I have this same Heart Rate monitor and mine is brand new and just started doing this the last few times, I have wet it, taken off and on and still doing the same thing. Not sure what the issue is as its brand new
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    I have this same Heart Rate monitor and mine is brand new and just started doing this the last few times, I have wet it, taken off and on and still doing the same thing. Not sure what the issue is as its brand new

Try not only wetting the strap but your skin as well. I found that when I ran water along my skin + the strap it would connect--I also had to make sure it was tight enough around my ribs.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    I don't know the exact measurement. I'm considering Polar HRM but I simply do not know if the chest strap will fit me. I'm only 5'1'' and my measurement at my belly button is 28, waist (at narrowest) is around 27. So I might not fit into the default chest strap that comes with the watch.

I'm 5 foot and waist is about 25 inches and I had to buy another chest strap on top of the watch which sucked. It comes with a medium and I had to buy a small. I used the medium to start with but it's really annoying running and having to pull the strap up all the time!
    69534 Posts: 1
    i also have this problem, i just use it around 5 times.
    --change new battery
    --wet the strap
    --tight the strap
    everything i can do,i do

in my case have a differet point, it usually cant detect heart rate when I was sweating
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    ft7 here. same problem. last two times. in the middle of the workout it will say check transmitter. first time showed zero as heart rate and 2nd time showed two lines. --. my watch is less than a month old. and the machine im on is still reading my heart rate. who knows the answer to this because i read thru these posts and couldnt say that i found an answer. i wet it. the only thing is maybe i need it tighter. but it reads for the first part of my workout. so maybe its getting too loose as i work out.
  • OK I have exactly the same problem. Had mine FT4 for about a month ...

I tighten the strap ... wet the strap .... off to the gym I go. First couple of minutes are fine then the dreaded message "check heart rate monitor"

The treadmill is reading my heart rate no problems for the full exercise!

I sweat a lot while running so the strap should be wet all the time....
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    I changed my battery in the strap and voila- fixed. Also, try moving the strap so that the chest monitor is slightly to the left. I get a better signal when it is not right in the middle of the chest. Plus, washing it in the washing mashine with NO FABRIC SOFTENER every few day help too. Good Luck!
  • Hi, I'm thinking about getting a watch. I was wondering do I need to get the wear link along with a watch??
  • i have an polar f7 and have the same problem and no its not a problem with transmitter after 2 years i didnt usr it and now i change battery in the 2 but for the heart beat can be seen from the wacht i must be at one inch if i want reading but my treadmill see the transmitter like 2 m away so im tinking about buy a new one any idea like real troubleshoot not kind of did you wet it or battery its work the the watch cant receve it wierd
  • I have read thru all of the posts and I have done everything I can think of but it tells me shortly after I start working out and getting a good sweat on that it cant find the transmitter. The treadmill at this point also stops reading my HR.
    *I changed both batteries
    *may sure it is good and wet, plus i sweat a lot
    *make sure it is tight

Is there such thing as having it too tight or too wet? It is just irriating. I have had it for just over a year and just recently started having problems so thought it was the batteries, but it is still happening. I am beginning to think that it is just faulty.