HELP PLEASE!

Options
Okay guys... I don't want to hear "it's not healthy" or anything like that because I know it's better to lose the weight slowly. But I have an important event in exactly two weeks so I want to get the most out of my weight loss because now and then and want to try to speed it up a little bit because I know it's possible to lose more than 2 pounds a week, so if I could lose at least 5-7 pounds by then, I want to do it.

Sooo what I am asking for are suggestions. I don't want to cut my calories any less than 1,200 because I know that isn't safe. So is there a way to lose 3-4 pounds in a week and still be on 1200 calories a day?

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo for the time.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Focus on cardio for the 2 weeks?... just be warned you will probably be pretty tired regardless of what plan you do losing that much bc if you arent eating at least BMR-net your body isnt getting enough to function but if it's worth gaining it back after you're done... 'Detox' with juice cleanse. eat vegan/vegetarian/orpaleo/'clean', lots of cardio.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Okay guys... I don't want to hear "it's not healthy" or anything like that because I know it's better to lose the weight slowly. But I have an important event in exactly two weeks so I want to get the most out of my weight loss because now and then and want to try to speed it up a little bit because I know it's possible to lose more than 2 pounds a week, so if I could lose at least 5-7 pounds by then, I want to do it.

Sooo what I am asking for are suggestions. I don't want to cut my calories any less than 1,200 because I know that isn't safe. So is there a way to lose 3-4 pounds in a week and still be on 1200 calories a day?
    Nope. Don't try losing this much in such a short time. It's not healthy.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's an unrealistic goal.

Have you a dress that you want to wear- would spanx or something help you feel good?
  • Sauron16
    Options
    walk for 3 hours or 2 hours cardio and keep eating 1200. I know it's hard but doable
  • zealey77
    zealey77 Posts: 104
    Options
    If you need to be stooopid about weight loss, than I'd say only eat chicken breasts for a week with water to stop you getting too hungry. Do a massive amount of exercise like running or cycling.

Do this for a week and you'll feel like absolute **** and probably not even want to go to your party., But you'll look crazy slim. Ask yourself why though? Why you are trying to impress other people rather than feeling comfortable in yourself.
    mx
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hnestly, it isnt best practice. However, it also depends how over weight you are. If you are fifty lbs over, your body will let it go much faster than if you only have ten or twenty to drop.
    If you want best results, eat lean meat and veggies. Exercise moderately, cardio. Snack inbetween meals, for 4-6 small meals a day. You will need to do this to reach 1200 calories a day on protein and veggies.

You may not reach the weight loss, but May find you are less bloated, if you eat a lot of grains now. At least this is my experience going paleo.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    SO you want us to lie to you and tell you only what you want to hear?

:huh:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you try to lose at that rate...you will be too weak, tired, and hangry to enjoy this very important event.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just go low carb for two weeks (50-80g of carbs). It will be all water weight, so you will gain it back after your event. Problem solved and you don't even need to starve yourself. You could start at 1500 calories, and exercise for an hour a day.

And no there isn't a way to lose 3-4 lbs of fat in that time frame.. you would have to burn 14,000 calories over what you eating. Since you are eating 1200 calories, that means you would have to burn on average 3200 calories a day, which means you would probably need to workout 4 hours a day. On top of that, you would probably lose 50% of your weight from exercise.

With that said, I stick with my original answer... go very low carb for two weeks. It's no uncommon to lose 5-10 lbs of water weight from less glycogen.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Just go low carb for two weeks (50-80g of carbs). It will be all water weight, so you will gain it back after your event. Problem solved and you don't even need to starve yourself. You could start at 1500 calories, and exercise for an hour a day.

And no there isn't a way to lose 3-4 lbs of fat in that time frame.. you would have to burn 14,000 calories over what you eating. Since you are eating 1200 calories, that means you would have to burn on average 3200 calories a day, which means you would probably need to workout 4 hours a day. On top of that, you would probably lose 50% of your weight from exercise.

With that said, I stick with my original answer... go very low carb for two weeks. It's no uncommon to lose 5-10 lbs of water weight from less glycogen.

^^this BUT make sure you get enough protein!! Look into the Modified Low Carb Fast (high protein) (Lyle McDonald protocol) you'll reach your goal of losing a lot over a short period but it's mostly water weight. Only do it for a short time. And you will likely regain most of it back. It's neither sustainable nor a good choice if it may lead to eating disorder issues or fragility.

And it's a bad long term solution, but caveat dietor. Dieter beware. It is feasible for a short term target like an event.
  • lorenacoy9
    Options
    Work ur bootay off or u can go extreme n do a fast for 2 weeks i never tried it but i know ppl who hsve for religious purposes but they seemed slimmer
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I have an important event in exactly two weeks
    How long ago did you find out this "important event" was going to happen?

2 weeks ago?
    2 months ago?
    6 months ago?

Planning and patience help tremendously with attaining goals. You shouldn't bother with trying to crash diet for this event, you'd be better off planning for the next important event.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    If you need to be stooopid about weight loss, than I'd say only eat chicken breasts for a week with water to stop you getting too hungry. Do a massive amount of exercise like running or cycling.

Do this for a week and you'll feel like absolute **** and probably not even want to go to your party., But you'll look crazy slim. Ask yourself why though? Why you are trying to impress other people rather than feeling comfortable in yourself.
    mx
    I agree with everything you said expect looking crazy slim...she will probably look the same.

OP just do it right and find a flattering outfit. The clothes make all the difference.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Work ur bootay off or u can go extreme n do a fast for 2 weeks i never tried it but i know ppl who hsve for religious purposes but they seemed slimmer
    NO

terrible advice.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    If you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose its going to be hard to lose extra pounds as 2lbs a week is really good think about it you will have lost another 4lbs by the time your event is on.
    You can eat what is known as speed foods like peppers, rasberrys, blueberries etc...google speed foods and maybe incorporate them into your diet they help speed your metabolism the healthy way.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    You can eat what is known as speed foods like peppers, rasberrys, blueberries etc...google speed foods and maybe incorporate them into your diet they help speed your metabolism the healthy way.
    The level of bad advice being doled out here is amazing.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Total waste of time.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    SO you want us to lie to you and tell you only what you want to hear?

:huh:
    In a nut shell!!!!
    dLiG4Yg.gif

but I will leave a link or two for the OP if or when they want to do it properly...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

and for the people condoning this sort of unhealthy behavior and perpetuating derp...

fuKuN2e.gif
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    OP only said she wanted to speed it up for a couple of weeks, not forever. 5 pounds in two weeks one time is not that nuts.

OP, I'd go light on the starchy carbs, watch sodium, and up your protein, veggies and water. Put in a little extra cardio each day and get plenty of rest every night. Don't drink alcohol. Don't drink soda. You'll probably lose a little bloat, so that is nice for a confidence boost and can help you button up some pants that may not have closed before.

Now obviously, the above is heinously boring and you wouldn't want to do it forever, but you're not going to be exhausted or anything. You're just putting a little extra attention into yourself, and that's fine.