CARDIO TO START?

Options
Hi..Was thinking of just doing 30 minutes on the treadmill every morning ...Just starting out...speed of 3 and an incline of 8..will this help me lose weight? I am on a 1200 calorie/day I am 5'8 and weigh 170lbs,...my goal is 140lbs...any suggestions??

I figured I would start on treadmill...for a month??and then add weights

Replies

• VintagePhoenix
    Options
    It won't do any damage, let's put it like that :)
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah sounds good to me. It's good to start the first week or few days slow then build from there. If you find you can go faster and such the go up. The main thing is your taking the first step.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hi..Was thinking of just doing 30 minutes on the treadmill every morning ...Just starting out...speed of 3 and an incline of 8..will this help me lose weight?

Sounds a bit dull tbh :)

Weight loss is about energy you burn being more than the energy you consume, so burning energy on a treadmill allows you more scope to eat up to your calorie goal.

Given your height and weight it probably wont be all that challenging so you'll probably want to ramp it up. In that case doing it every day will start to become a bit too much. But initially, no issue.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Don't rely too much on exercise to lose weight - your diet will do that.

But yes, getting on a treadmill every day will help you look and feel better.
  • lorenacoy9
    Options
    Try tea bo it works n is fun n insanity is boring n sucks px90 works im. 5'8 weighing bout 130 to 133 i started off with 30 mins n cranked it from there u can use a vid like banish jillian micheal or mix of tae bos vids with others n when its nice out jog
  • CarlHelgesson
    Options
    A common statement is that diet is 80% and the workouts are 20%, when you want to loose weight.

To start with a morning cardio is great!

But don't forget to look over your diet, so that you eat the right amount of calories (not too few, not too many), eat clean, get enought of proteins and drink plenty of water!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    A common statement is that diet is 80% and the workouts are 20%, when you want to loose weight.

To start with a morning cardio is great!

But don't forget to look over your diet, so that you eat the right amount of calories (not too few, not too many), eat clean, get enought of proteins and drink plenty of water!

^ This except for the eating clean part - you can lose regardless of if you eat clean or not.