Ugh the struggle!

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently turned 25 and just prior to that, I decided to really get into the gym and push myself. My boyfriend is a buff guy (around 205-210 usually) and packed of muscle. We started getting competitive (not that I could bench what he does) and it really kicked my butt into high gear.

I workout at the gym 5 days a week, sometimes twice a day. I recently decided to use MyFitnessPal (tried before and wasn't committed) and I track my food and cardio. However, even though I can see what I eat, nothing has moved on the scale!

Feeling frustrated and beat sometimes. Thing is, I LOVE food. I never want to restrict myself from eating what I like, but rather just eat less of it. Any suggestions on recipes or general motivation?

Replies

• jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Tracking food helps a lot. Its eye opening to see what actual portion sizes really are vs what you'd normally think something like a bowl of ceral is. One thing that keeps me on track, because I also love food (especially sugar), is asking myself if I really want a cupcake or if I'd rather fit into my old jeans. I also look at old pictures of myself when I was happier with my body.
  • susalia1
    Options
    Tracking food helps a lot. Its eye opening to see what actual portion sizes really are vs what you'd normally think something like a bowl of ceral is. One thing that keeps me on track, because I also love food (especially sugar), is asking myself if I really want a cupcake or if I'd rather fit into my old jeans. I also look at old pictures of myself when I was happier with my body.

I do the same sometimes I don't see it in the scale but I see it in my jeans and shirts and my fiancé points out the areas where he see a big change personally I don't see it but everyone else do and I'm feeling so much happier already