Girl scout cookies!

Options

Replies

• joannecando
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't want to hear about the gluten free cookie they are pushing this year?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Thought he was gluten free but all I got was bread.

Sorry... Had to.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    OMG :love: so good.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Samoas. The only way they could get better is by adding bacon... uhhhhgg
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love Trefoils, Tagalongs, and Do-si-dos. I also love Thanks a lots, but they're not selling those where I live.

I'm actually really good about controlling myself when I'm eating them. Since I only get a few boxes a year I want to make them last, also because I'm a college student so any food that I'm given I am going to stretch it as far as I can.

Side-note:I use to love selling the cookies when I was a girl scout. One guy bought a 100 boxes from one time, that was my best year ever!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone notice they don't taste as good as they normally do? I got some peanut butter patties and a box of the samoas and ended up throwing both away. Wow, they just tasted terrible. I asked the girl scout and she said it was the first year they were using a new baker and to me this made a huge difference in the cookies. At least I saved on calories!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nope still as good as ever here, lol
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Lol my local adorable sabatour got me with both the samosas and the thin mints, I haven't opened them yet though lol....I know once the box is open it's all down hill from there - freezing the thin mints sounds like an awesome idea
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Haha try being the mom of a girl selling them and having nearly 200 boxes in your house at one time! I only managed to polish off half a box of thin mints by myself. So far the kids have had them more often than I have and I always make sure to only give a serving size. We still have about 50 boxes left to sell and I'm hoping they all go away soon - preferably not by my own consumption though...
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I love the Samoas, too, and the Tagalongs (or whatever the one is with the peanut butter in the middle). I didn't get any this year, though - they only had some Trefoils and Thank-Yous left, so I bought up what they had and gave most of them to my mom. I kept one box each.

I didn't like the Thank-Yous, actually. They tasted.... processed. Just really awful.

I have half a box of Trefoils left and they're in my freezer. I eat four at a time, every few days or so. At this rate, I'll finish them off by the time the next sale comes around.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We are the cookie managers for my daughter's troop. So far we have had over 3000 boxes travel through our home and I've only eaten half a box. We pick up 34 more CASES tomorrow. Wish me luck

Oh, and I like the Peanut Butter Patties
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So far I have avoided buying any. The only little girl at church selling cookies was told by her mom not to ask me since it's obvious I'm losing weight. However, as the said little girl was making deliveries yesterday, it was all I could do not to snatch ALL THE COOKIES and run with them! I like them all but Thin Mints are my absolute favorites!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone notice they don't taste as good as they normally do? I got some peanut butter patties and a box of the samoas and ended up throwing both away. Wow, they just tasted terrible. I asked the girl scout and she said it was the first year they were using a new baker and to me this made a huge difference in the cookies. At least I saved on calories!

I got some Thin Mints last year and thought they didn't taste as good as I remember. Of course, I hadn't gotten any for years, so the problem may be my memory and not the cookies.

Whatever was the problem, it means I'm not tempted at all this year. Except to buy and have the Scouts send them to the troops.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    It's better just to eat the whole box. You know you're going to eventually:)
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am a leader. There have been times that I have had up to 50 cases of Girl Scout cookies in my house. Tagalongs are my favorites.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    although there is a creepy "ice cream truck" which is a white cargo van with magnetic signs, tinted windows and a loud speaker playing fleur de lis driving around all the time. But I hesitate from purchasing any due to probable rohypnol contents. (I wish this was a joke, but it's legit... drove past twice today)

We have one of those in my neighborhood, too. It comes around as late as 11:30 at night, it plays "The Funeral March" (what...the...eff???), and after it finishes a bar of it, it chirps out a cheery 'hel-LO!!!!"

That truck scares me to death. :noway:
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Samoas, Thin Mints, Trefoils

I haven't bought them in years, though. I would eat a box in a day or two or three if I did. When I see them set up selling their cookies I just avoid eye contact and walk on by as I try not to drool.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How about having to live with the Pusher of these cookies? And having tons and tons of boxes in your house that aren't sold yet???? It's not good. Not good at all. Huh. We are hungry, oh look, our little darling has some more cookies to sell, maybe we can help her out....
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have been really good with them this year. I enjoy 1 serving after dinner. I eat them very slowly and savor every bite. And a 140-160 calories per serving, I can easily keep it within my daily limit.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thin mints get me every time! I can sit and eat an entire pack in one sitting - havent yet conquered my lack of discipline as it pertains to these cookies.