Hello from the good old Pacific Northwest

Options
:flowerforyou:
I've hit a plateau!!!!! I did one round of P90x and lost 20 pounds..then I completed my first half marathon. But I can't seem to find a workout partner because most of my friends look at me sideways if I mention the word exercise. My husband turned me on to this site and I hope it will provide the encouragement I need to stay fit.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Where in the Pacific Northwest are you, and are you enjoying our lovely weather today? I'm snowed in, in Puyallup, just about ready to hop on my stationary bike to work up a sweat. I've done 3 rounds of P90X, but my favorite programs are Slim in 6 and Slim Series. I had some minor surgery a couple of weeks ago and had to take a break from lifting, but I'll start another round of Slim Series Monday. :bigsmile:
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hi & welcome! I too am from the Pacific NW. North of Seattle, in Kenmore, WA.
  • denis0313
    Options
    Yep we're snowed in too....down in Yelm. I'm plan on doing some yoga today! Have a great workout and stay warm.:happy:
  • jullang
    Options
    Yep, we are snowed in here in North Bend! Shoveling snow must be a pretty good calorie burn, right?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I did some errand running this afternoon. Gotta love my trusty Subaru!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a transplant to the Eugene area from the California foothills, and was stunned that the light sprinkle of snow here was sufficient to close school and the library today. Sheesh! (And yes, shoveling snow is a GREAT calorie burn!)
  • denis0313
    Options
    I cheated and added some salt to the sidewalk...it did all the work on the snow/ice for me! I wouldn't be suprised if school is delayed again in the morning...
  • PJilly
    Options
    We've already been notified that school is cancelled tomorrow.
  • denis0313
    Options
    Wishing you a wonderful warm Thanksgiving!!!