Frustrated!

Options
Hey all,

Before I begin, I am a recently diagnosed PCOS-er with insulin resistance. I went on Metformin for a few weeks but just couldn't deal with the side effects and was determined to lose the weight the good old fashioned way.

Since Octoberish of 2013 I have lost 11 lbs. I was very diligent in November and then again starting in January (weddings and holidays, the usual excuse). Now I know that's not a lot of time dedicated, but because I have nearly 70 lbs to lose, I am usually able to shed more than that with just a diet change.

I have always had issues with working out, mostly because I'm not "good" at it, but I started at the beginning of January doing C25K. Now, much to my utter surprise, I look forward to my little run/walks, and have added a day or two of cardio a week to that to really get things going. I am religious about using MFP to log food, and end up under 1300 most every day, with a "free" meal once a week for my sanity.

Here's the good news: I am starting to like working out and the challenge/rewards that come with it, and know I am eating well (I understand nutrition pretty thoroughly thanks to years of dieting), but the scale is NOT moving.

I am only on week 4 of C25K, and I know the first few weeks aren't super grueling, but they are more than I was doing before, so I thought they would make a bigger impact. The calories out are most certainly enough to merit more pounds coming off. I know I am doing all of the right things and moving in the right direction, but really am so frustrated that the number isn't going down. I also know that when you begin working out that your muscles can retain water and skew the numbers, but I feel like I've been making excuses for my weight my whole life and can't accept another one!

Sometimes I think my clothes are fitting better, but sometimes I think it's just a flattering outfit. I have about 8 months until I'd like to reach my preliminary goal of -30lbs (or more!!!), so I have plenty of time, but I really just don't understand what's going on.

Has anyone been in a similar position with this much weight to lose? I've upped my water, lowered carbs, and wished to the weight loss gods, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I'm not stopping--I'm determined--but I could use some guidance!

Thank you :)

Replies

• jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just posted something very similar to this so interested in what advice you get
  • skorenfeld123
    skorenfeld123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Related: just calculated my TDEE and it's almost TWICE what I eat now? Seems crazy! But if it works, then I will gladly eat 1,000 more calories? Ugh.