Girl scout cookies!

Options
13»

Replies

• Yiriandur
    Yiriandur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Samoas. None other.

Was introduced to them last year in America, and i am so glad here in the Netherlands they only sell the ripoff brand in -one- store i know, some 2 hours away from here. Sadly i'm going to the building next to the store tomorrow...........................
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Our annual allotment is 5 boxes (4 of my choices and one for the hubby). My favs are the Thins and Samoas. Here's the thing...as long as they don't make it into the freezer, I'm safe. I only eat them super cold. They are in the cabinet right now safe from my tummy. I'm 33 days clean eating (no processed foods, candies, alcohol, etc.) and I'm trying to see how long I can keep it up. It makes me feel refreshed and much better for sure.

However, thins make me feel YUMMY!!!
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been on a lemon kick lately. I need to go find a girl scout.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    They honestly don't do much for me...even though I have a huge sweet tooth. If I had to pick, I guess it would be Thin Mints
  • psychicmedium26
    Options
    Dollar General and Family dollar have knock off brand girlscout cookies that are very similar to the real deal! They carry a version of Samoas, thin mints, and the peanutbutter ones. Much cheaper too!
  • berniegarcia75
    Options
    I absolutely love the Samoa's
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Samoas and thin mints :love:
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I freaking love girl scout cookies.

The knock off brands are good for an off-season fix but nothing is as good as the real deal. :tongue:

My favorites are the Thin Mints and Shortbread, but this year I ordered the Thin Mints and the Cranberry Citrus, which is new. I also ordered my husband the Samoas. I can't eat those because I'm allergic to coconut.

I am going to portion them out and freeze them so hopefully that will limit me from eating the whole box at once. :drinker:
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thin mints are the best! The only desserts I buy now though are 100 cals or less.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a GS, and the cookie sales start in our area in a couple weeks... They discontinued my favorites in our area, so although I am disappointed, it is probably a blessing in disguise! They were the Lemon sandwich cookies (Lemonades?) - YUM. I also like frozen Thin Mints and Samoas (caramel delights).
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No will power - I bought 7 boxes. The lemon ones are my favorite. I did order the citrus ones to try this year. And got some Peanut butter patties and trefoils too. Yeah - wish they would get her now! but I do normally keep them in the car. That limits my eating time on them greatly. I like them frozen too so that works perfectly right now here in Central IL.
  • stpt_guy
    stpt_guy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of each from one co-worker, and another 2nd box of thin mints from another co-worker. I only buy them out of guilt and the only ones I ever keep and eat are thin mints, the rest I give to my family who loves them. Occasionally I will keep the Lemonades but, 2nd favorite to thin mints is the Thanks A Lots!

Thin mints rock when they are frozen, so if you never tried it, I would strongly suggest trying them frozen!
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Samoas!!! OMG they are heavenly! My kid is girl scout so I bout 5 samosa and 3 thin mints. I'm just hoping to resist the urge to devour a whole box at a time.
  • NewLeaf_13
    NewLeaf_13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work for Girl Scouts. It's a slow torture being surrounded by literally hundreds of thousands of boxes on a daily basis. :devil: Not only that, but we also have emails going out to staff about how sales are going, cookie dessert challenge going on, staff cookie contest...etc etc etc. My willpower has never been tested so much!!!!

That being said, I only have one box of Thin Mints and one box of Samoas in my freezer. And no, I do not get free or discounted cookies lol! :laugh: Probably a blessing in disguise otherwise I'd have a lot more!

Thanks everyone for buying them and donating your money...it's a great organization (in my completely non biased opinion lol). And remember that if you feel guilty not buying from the cute little girls that come to your door, ask them about donating boxes. Most Councils donate to other non profits...ours go to the USO and two local food banks. So your money still goes to a great cause, but the boxes aren't sitting in your house tempting you!

OK - getting off my Girl Scout soap box now :wink: