Coming back

Options
I've been pretty much away from my fitness pal since around thanksgiving. Before that I had lost 75 lbs.
Since I've been I gained back 20, that seems very extreme to me. I haven't been eating very well, but 20 lbs seems like a ridiculous amount for just a couple months.
I'm not sure what my question is, just want a little encouragement I suppose.

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.
    I had surgery back in Oct and put on 20 lbs without noticing it.... It sure does creep up if you aren't paying attention. You can get back on track, Congrats on the 75. You did it before you can do it again!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The holidays can be SOOOOO bad for weight loss. Don't be too down on yourself and remember that you've already lost 50+ pounds in total. That's a great accomplishment! Welcome back! You can do it. Feel free to add me if you need extra support :)
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! You can do it - your previous weight loss is a success already.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Not only have you lost the weight before, but now you're back on MFP! I'd say you're off to a good restart!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    its a good wake up call for all of us. gotta keep our eye on the ball
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that…that's why I signed on MFP. Two years ago I gained back in 6-7 weeks what had taken me 5 months to lose. Now that I pay attention and have created new habits using MFP, I don't find myself waking up and saying, "What the heck?" because I'm well aware of my body, what goes in and exercise needs. When I do overstep and see the scale adding some numbers for more than two weeks, I can see what happened on MFP and readjust. Usually, I know what's happening and it just means adding a little more activity and discipline.
  • dmschm2
    dmschm2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I lost 15 last fall, and also gained it back in a couple months. I am feeling much more committed this time. Glad to have you back, you can do it!
  • blindedbyawesome
    blindedbyawesome Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I am just getting back today and I feel happy to be back. I missed this and you guys. Hopefully I can regain some control and get my weight back to what I want.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I hope you know you have my support! I need to be back on track myself. I've been TERRIBLE tracking, just terrible.

How about we both get back on track together.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :) Had been wondering why I hadnt seen any activity from you on my home page feed. Good luck on getting started back up again. Have you still been running?