New and need consistent and motivating friends!

Options
My cousin encouraged me to join this site and after a few days of participation, she dropped off. Not having someone to making sure I stick to it was a little like going to a Weight Watchers meeting and being the only one there, so I stopped coming too. Now I'm back, I'm committed, but I know I'm going to need some social support. Please, oh please, won't you be my friend? :bigsmile: I need a little butt-kicking once in a while!

~Audria

Replies

• SkierElle
    Options
    Hi!! I can be consistent and motivating! This is an awesome site; too bad your cousin quit. hope you find some great motivators and good luck to you!!
  • denamyvak99
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I am on here often and can definitely help motivate! Plus I can definitely use more as well!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like... i too love getting the extra motivation! :)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you would like. I kind of had a similar experience but with a different site. I am already finding the support system here far greater... I've been using the tools now for about a month, and I'm feeling very motivated. I hope you're able to stick to your goals and reach exactly where you're hoping to land.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your loss, Ive been using this site for 3 months or so and I've found it very helpful! Feel free to add me if you wish, I'm usually on every day for various lengths of time :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Good luck, Audria.

Reach within yourself, you are the only one who can really make this happen.

I would suggest you join one of the many small groups here on MFP. You will have somewhere specific to go and you can make real, actual friends in this way.

Go to the "Support" section and find a topic that interests you - such as "Late night eaters" or "50 pounds to lose" or "Stay at home moms" or "Ten pounds by Christmas" - something based on your age, or location or interests. Then just go back to that thread frequently, and soon you'll have support buddies. Join three or six of them, there's no limit.

You can do this.
  • Deebo958
    Options
    I am the mother of three sons. If anyone can kick butt, I can! :-) I am sending a friend request now! Welcome back and good luck!!!
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started using this site because a friend needed the moral support and it just so happened I really need to get my weight under control. I've only been here 10 days, but I love it. If you'll be my motivating friend, I'll return the favour :)

Good luck with everything!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm more than happy to help motivate and encourage. And I can definitely use the extra motivation myself on some days. Good luck to you!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    This is a great site for support and motivation.you aren`t alone.We are all on this journey to get healthy.
    you can add me as a friend!good luck!!
  • bitterbeans
    Options
    Thank you so much for the tip! I'm completing a behavioral modification project with an initial focus on curbing my unplanned snacking, but needed help finding motivational cheerleaders. I hope to find some here and will definitely check out the groups. Thanks again!
  • Pita0224
    Pita0224 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just sent a friend request, but I'm also returning to this site from a previous failed attempt and ready to kick some butt, and it's so great to have people to talk to about it as well as comment on the updates!
  • hybris
    hybris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There! feel free to add me! The journey is so much easier with friends- and honestly: I only met looovely people on this page.

Cheers,
    Miriam