Wii Fit

Options
Hi there! :happy:

Well i am new here, and well actually today is my 1st day to log food & exercise.

I have a very busy schedule as a full time working mom & student, so I have made pact with my co-worker to walk 30 min every day. Today was our 1st walk, feels great!

Now, to also get active on the weekends and nights, is a Wii fit a good start? I am not a gym person, and by the time I put my toddler to bed, I am usually exhausted myself, so I was hoping Wii fit will help with that.

thanks

Replies

• tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit. You can do step aerobics on it, jog, hula hoop and more. Check out Amazon and watch the demo video. May help you make your decision. I hate going to the gym also. :)
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I love love love the Wii Fit.
    Once you catch onto the step classes, boxing and whatever else interests you I'm sure you'll love it as well. I stick with the Aerobics stuff and don't get into the yoga and strength training (but I probably should).

Have fun!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit for a gentle evening workout... helps keep me on track when I can't face the gym and it's too cold to go outside!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit & Wii Fit 2 & wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I have a wii, I don't mind wii fit, but what I am really excited about is the Zumba Fitness game i just ordered from amazon. It should be here December 1st. While you are checking out the video of wii fit on amazon, you should look at the Zumba one too.. You can also youtube videos of wii games so that you can see more then just the demo from the game seller. :) Good luck!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus and started with just 10 mins of advanced step. I do Free Step and Free run while watching news in the morning. Also love Boxing and some of the strength exercises. I do recommend yoye get a heart rate monitor
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I have a wii, I don't mind wii fit, but what I am really excited about is the Zumba Fitness game i just ordered from amazon. It should be here December 1st. While you are checking out the video of wii fit on amazon, you should look at the Zumba one too.. You can also youtube videos of wii games so that you can see more then just the demo from the game seller. :) Good luck!

I really want to get this game. Zumba looks like a lot of fun and an awesome yet fun calorie burn.
    Please post an update to the game when you get it :)
  • JulieTX86
    Options

I really want to get this game. Zumba looks like a lot of fun and an awesome yet fun calorie burn.
    Please post an update to the game when you get it :)

I really like Zumba, I go to classes 2 x a week at Golds gym, so I am really excited about this video game. I think it will be great when I am in a time crunch and dont have the 30 minues to drive to the gym and 30 minutes home. Plus I can get my Zumba skills down so i don't look like a complete *kitten* when I go the class at the gym. haha!
  • mrsdiaz
    mrsdiaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, but to be honest I don't get much of a workout from it.

My husband bought me the EA Sports package and I absolutely love the workouts on that! I would suggest that program over the Wii Fit.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I just started the EA sports 2 and its so much better than the first one. Its been fun