Starting Focus T25 today. What can i expect?

Options
Hey Guys,
i will be starting T25 from today.
Really excited about it and more because its only half hour.
I am 30 year female trying to lose 6 lbs and trying to lose some inches off arms,legs and waist.
I dream to look toned but not very muscular :):)
Any tips on how to get the best out of the workout?
Do you guys think its possible to get leaner and look smaller with T25?
Cant wait to get back home from work and start working out :)

Cheers

Replies

• Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this program now! and I tell you i love it! I start week 3 Monday! I get so happy when he saids TIME!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To fall over your own feet! lol.

I like it, it's not easy and quite intense but it's only 25 minutes.

I did insanity first and prefer that because Shaun gives you breaks and I can eat more!
  • iu_h
    iu_h Posts: 4
    Options
    Try it and see result :D

I think every workout that burns calories is good :D
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Good music, a fun guy to get you through, and a heck of a sweat. I'm on my 2nd week of Beta. I am LOVING this program. I love getting it done quickly and still knowing I got a great workout in!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Expect some soreness in the next few days. Then expect to get better every day!

Some tips:
    - NEVER stop moving. If you can't keep up with Shaun go at your own pace or follow the modifier. If you can keep up 100% from Day 1 it's probably too easy for you. Just don't stop. If you feel like you're dying, hit pause and walk in place until you feel better.

- When you follow the modifier don't just stick to the modified version for the whole exercise, unless you have some joint issues or you shouldn't do the standard move for some reason. You don't have to do better than those fitness monsters in the videos, you have to do better than you did yesterday.

- The workout is fast and hard, so pay attention to the form or injury is around the corner.

- There is some stretching at the end of each video but IMHO it's not enough for those who have just started week 1. Find something better on fitnessblender.com at least for Week 1.
  • nhopkins90
    Options
    T25 is great fun! If you can't keep up with Shaun to begin with do the modified exercises. I burn around 500cals per excercise when doing T25. :D
  • billyswife0516
    Options
    I started week 2 of Alpha today and so far love it!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements! My first round I only lost 1lb, but lots of inches and I went down a pant size. Try not to put too much emphasize on the scale.
  • KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's incredible. My fiancé and I started Beta on Sunday and I'm loving it even more than Alpha.
  • lyndseydennis
    Options
    I am starting today too!! My third attempt and I will do more than a week this time hahaha....my husband and I both enjoyed it when we started but we let life get in our way, not this time!
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
    I finished Day 1 and i loved it.
    I couldnt keep up with the hard ones. Some moves i did the modifier. After some time
    i tried switching back to tough ones. i could finish it decently.
    I am not sore. But i have a weak lower back and it slightly pained in the morning.
    I was extremely hungry after that and ate a heavy dinner.
    I love to workout in the morning as during the day i like to eat well and reduce
    food intake by night. i can workout only in the night and dinner becomes heavy :(
    One more thing - How do you guys log T25? Circuit training only?
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I literally just started (day 2) and am wondering if anyone does anything ELSE with T25?

Ive been working out for and losing weight for 2 years.
    Ive lost over 100lbs and did my first 5k in October 2013.

But Im looking for a change. Im bored in the gym.

I also suffer from SAD (seasonal effective disorder) so I find it harder to get in the gym this time of year.

So im wonder if T25 will still be good for me?

Im 150lbs and 5'6", 27 years.