Need Friends

Options
I have to realize that I am a very poor example for my kids in my eating habits and my activity level. I have two little girls that look up to me and I am letting them down. Well no longer. I have a lot of weight to lose and I am ready to get it done. I have bought me a new pair of running shoes. I am going home this evening to clean out the cabinets. I am psyched about getting this started. I want to keep this motivation up for a good while. I am looking for any type of support I can get.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It really is that easy, you know.
  • DianeG213
    Options
    You can do this!!!!
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Stay focused on your why.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You have three beautiful reasons for getting healthy, your girls and yourself. It will get tough sometimes, but you are tougher. And remember the support system is here, just tap into it. Welcome to MFP!
  • DismissMe
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you...you got this
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I feel where you are coming from. I have 2 teenage sons that want to be a firefighter and a cop like their ole man used to be and my previous eating and activity examples were beyond poor. Always looking for new friend to support and motivate and vice-versa :happy:
  • bekkimaher
    bekkimaher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sounds like you got the motivation you need to get started and stay with it. MFP has been a great resource for me on my jouney to be a more active mother. I want to be the mom on the slide with my kids not on the park bench watching!!! Keep it up and lean on others when needed, you will do GREAT things:smile:
  • RajK01
    RajK01 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello there,
    Okay so let me tell you one thing that being on here daily and having friends really helps...I tried doing it without friends it just didn't work...we are social animals and need support as much as we can get...the support and just the daily "like" really is encouraging puts a smile on your face... YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • bettycrockernot
    Options
    You can do this!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from! My 3 year old son is my inspiration to get up and keep moving every day. He's a naturally active boy and he deserves a mama who can keep up with him (and give him a little competition once in a while... just to keep him interested, of course. :laugh: ).

Best of luck! You can do it!
  • Kirst412
    Options
    Add me :)
  • donnakhomer
    donnakhomer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I also have 2 little girls that I am letting down. :-( I am trying to set a better example for them now.
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Add mee!