Over 40 starting journey to lose 60 !

Options
Hi everyone - just started my weight loss journey today and could use some WOOP WOOPS! I have a degree in fitness and nutrition and I have just completely lost my way. I am so ready for the fight back !

Replies

• lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me for some motivation!
  • betsyboop2013
    betsyboop2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kerry....I am in the SAME EXACT SPOT as you! 40yrs old, just starting today....and goal of 55lbs!

I don't know much about this site...posting ect... but goodluck!
  • heatherinparadise
    Options
    Hi! I am 43 and just restarting a healthy lifestyle after MANY embarrassing years away. I am very out of shape, but because I gain weight evenly and I'm tall, I've been able to 'fake' being in better shape than I am. NO MORE. I want to lose 30 lbs. I am cutting out bread and pasta and as much sugar as possible, as I have more energy and lose weight quickly when I drop flour and wheat. Not trying to be perfect, since historically that sets me up for failure, and I don't want to deprive myself to the degree that I overeat with resentment. I also like my glass of wine in the evenings!

I am starting off with Zumba classes (holy crap, was that hard!) and will add some yoga for strength and flexibility. I want to build myself up to Cross Fit as I am very interested in it! I hate squats and lunges, but I need those so plan to do those at home.

I don't know how to add friends yet, but I will try to add you, if it's ok.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone. 42 here and from ohio. joined last yr and did well. did a round of p90x. i've lifted for a while now just never really watched what i ate. i started a nutritional purification program and i'm currently on day 10. doing very well so far. i made the commitment 2 change my eating. if u want change u have have 2 accept change. it's a journey...enjoy every step along the way. the finish line is around the corner...u can't see it but it's there. best of luck on this journey. i log daily an i keep my diary open. feel free to add. we can do this!
  • RealReady
    Options
    Thanks so much ! I see you have already lost 10 lbs - awesome!!!
  • RealReady
    Options
    Awesome lets keep in touch ! I will add you as a friend and we can definately motivate each other!
  • RealReady
    Options
    Sounds like your on the right track ! I lose weight so much faster cutting out all white starch - I hold my weight pretty well, when I tell people how much I weigh they always say noway! But I think they are just being nice LOL! Im excited for this journey, I want my life back. AND yes I want to be in a bikini someday and I will. Well the wine thing, that my biggest obstacle. But we can do it!!!!
  • donnakhomer
    donnakhomer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am 49 and have 70 lbs to lose. I am new to these posts and need buddies too.
  • RealReady
    Options
    AWESOME JEFF! Thanks for the motivation!
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lodi here. I'm 49 and have 45 still to shed........not losing this, only to find it again. Let's roll!
  • futurejedi
    Options
    I'm doing insanity asylum. Need people to help with food ideas
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Add mee!